World Families Forums - Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 04:43:16 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'G'
| | |-+  German-DNA
| | | |-+  Welcome
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 1529 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: December 02, 2005, 04:29:52 PM »

Welcome to the German-DNA Family Project on behalf of World Families Network Feel free to post anything that pertains to German-DNA genealogy, German-DNA DNA research, or to a specific German-DNA family that is included in the project. All spelling variations are welcome. If your Surname spelling is missing, we'll be glad to add it.

You must be logged in to post on the forum.  
How do I register ?
I've already registered. How do I log in?

To post a new thread on this family forum:
1. Click the "Back" button to go back one screen.
2. Click on "New Topic"
3. Be sure to make the Subject Line relate to your topic.

SUGGESTIONS FOR USING THIS FORUM:
1.You may start a new thread for a new topic. (Go back to the landing page for the family forum and click the button "New Topic").
2. Be sure to make the Subject Line relate to your topic.
3. If you want email notification of any replies to your thread, please click the "Notify" button at the bottom of the page.
4. Please keep your postings related to genealogy and DNA testing. We ask that you use good manners, clean language and be polite.
5. Please use the WFN Forum's specific forums for general discussions about:
DNA testing
http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?board=1.0
Y-Haplogroups
http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?board=3.0
mtDNA
http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?board=5.0 

We strongly encourage you to add your family information (we call it "Pedigree") to the project’s Patriarch Page, so that others may find you.  To have your pedigree posted on the project’s Patriarch Page, there are two ways to submit your pedigree:

1.   Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

a.       the email address you wish to be posted with the pedigree

b.       the kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is

c.       The name, birthdate, birthplace, and spouse for each generation in the direct male line.

2.   Post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  Then the project administrator will manually add it to the Patriarch page, typically within a few days. To get to the Pedigree Forum: Click the “back” button to find the German-DNA Family Pedigrees thread (You must be logged in to post on the forum.)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 04:44:05 PM by terry » Logged
Ed Martin
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 08:59:29 AM »

I join Terry and our custom format Worldfamilies co-administrator Steve Dilks in welcoming all of you and we hope that many of us will be able to enjoy this German family web site to explore our German hertiage and learn and discover more about our personal lineages and German history and genetic DNA genealogy information.

I encourage you to recruit other members who have tested at FTDNA or NGS to join our project. The more the merrier! We have several German residing members already on Dec 16th and our project started on Dec 5th and already has 58 members which is a fast pace for such a project.

If you have some expertise in areas of DNA work, German early history, German language etc we encourage you to lend that expertise here at our project on this forum or by emailing myself or Steve Dilks at the link on the main page.

This forum is a place to use to post Links, querys/questions about you German line or German issues of historical and early ancestry nature. We will allow som posting of other issues such as announcements that may be beneficial to all of us on important things but please stick to the subject of German early ancestry and history etc..

If you have some great info that may help us all on Germany research here please post a message here about that.

I will start now a new "Germany Genealogy and DNA Research" web site at myfamily.com today for those interested in researching German genealogy and DNA issues to enjoy and participate in. I will launch the new website by inviting a number of known German researching focused members to it. These websites are alot fo fun and a lot of help to the members on them. On the site will be  places to post old photos of Germany people and places and current German places, your surnames, your querys/questions, calendar events relaetd to Germany uissues, links to German research, your German pedigree charts, recipies, polls, history section, web links section, news section, birthdays section etc... so if you wish to join this free private site and research German DNA and genealogy please email me at emartin250@aol.com and provide an email address and first and last name for me to invite you. Once you are in the porjrect look around at the way it is structured and begin to add your own photo albums and own other type family albums for your own surnames and own use. You may post any pertinent photos in the photo section in your own personal album. The site will contain a cover photo which will be changed from time to time to share with the whole group. The site I'm sure befrore I ever satrt it will be a lot of fun for participants and will be a valuable reserch place for participants. I will personally pay for its annual cost and I will need some co-admins to work on it but that effort is minor and fun also. Thanks

Ed Martin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.