World Families Forums - What exactly is no mutations?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 04:09:21 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Mitochondrial DNA
| | |-+  What exactly is no mutations?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What exactly is no mutations?  (Read 1880 times)
Chicken n Dumplin

« on: October 27, 2005, 12:01:41 PM »

I've seen on Mitosearch that some people have no mutations.Exactly what does that mean? I guess it means their not mutants.Maybe they have the exact sequence they should have for their type,not straying to the right or to the left.I'm not sure what no mutations means.AND they came in a variety of haplogroups,not only mtH,which is what the CRS is based on .Am I correct? So I'm seeing people with the CRS sequence,no mutations,and a variety different haplogroups,not just H,but what does that mean ? I can't make sense of this group. Does anyone know?          P.S. Since this message isn't about a particular family it's not supposed to be here ,but in General Topics/Discussions-but I couldn't delete it!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 12:09:55 PM by Chicken n Dumplin » Logged

My Haplogroup is mtK HVR1: ,224C,311C,519C. HVR2: ,263G,315.1C,497T,524.1C,524.2A.  These here are some of my sequence #'s.
Peter J. Roberts
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 05:26:17 PM »

Are you reading no mutations on your results?  If so, which testing company are the results from?  Most mtDNA results might be better understood as differences from the Cambridge Reference Sequence (CRS).   It is my understanding that it is people in mtDNA haplogroup L0 or L1 who would likely have the fewest differences from genetic Eve.  The CRS has about 20 differences on Hypervariable Region One and Two (HVR1 and HVR2) from genetic Eve's likely mtDNA motif.    Because the CRS is what most mtDNA are compared to, and because the CRS is in mtDNA haplogroup H, those people in mtDNA haplogroup H have the fewest differences from the CRS.

Sincerely, Peter

Peter J. Roberts
mtDNA Pin-Back Buttons
http://home.comcast.net/~libpjr1/dnapins.htm
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 17 queries.