World Families Forums - Emma Rivers

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 04:22:38 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Emma Rivers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Emma Rivers  (Read 1743 times)
LoLo

« on: October 09, 2005, 08:45:02 PM »

I'm not sure I understand how this website works, but I have good reason to be interested in the surname, Rivers. ?After many years of hunting and digging for information about my paternal grandmother, I finally learned, fairly recently, that , depite the fact that she used the name for many years, her given name actually was not Bertha but was, in truth, Emma, and that her maiden name was not one of those which I had always believed it to be (Rucker, Minor, or Vallier), but that it was, in fact, RIVERS! ?She was Emma Rivers, born between 1874 and 1880, probably in Louisiana, and dwelling, at different times in her life, first in Arkansas, then in Colorado, Wyoming, and Illinois, in that order. ?Here's my questions:
IS THERE ANY ?RIVERS AMONGST YOU WHO HAPPENS TO HAVE AN EMMA RIVERS IN YOUR FAMILY TREE? ? I need help. ?I am LoLo Westrich, and my email address is westrich@mchsi.com
Brendabixbee

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 07:30:08 PM »

I have an Emma Rivers b.1867,but born in Suffolk England. Thank you. Brenda Rivers Bixler
johncliff

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 01:48:56 PM »

Clarice Rivers of New York and Larry Rivers of New York and Southampton, L.I., have made known the engagement of their daughter Emma Francesca Rivers to Daniel Alberto Perilla, the son of Mariela Karp of Tampa, Fla., and the late Otto Perilla of Bogota, Colombia. An August wedding is planned.

johncliff
Addiction Recovery Vermont
U5b1b

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 01:50:29 AM »

That could be a relative of Luther Rivers, the father of my half sister who is about 55 years old.  there is also a half brother, be interesting to get his DNA done...  their father died in about 1955 (guessing), he was older & the second marriage.  he had older children...  He died in Texas if you want to look him up on the SS Death Index.  I think he was from Louisiana.  He was mostly American Indian.  Maybe why Emma did not use the Rivers name...

I emailed my sister this information & web link.  She does not speak to me, so not sure if she will answer...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.