World Families Forums - Wilmer Thacker, 1912, Knox, MO. Son of Charles Swift, 1886, TN.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2016, 01:45:59 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'S'
| | |-+  Swift (Moderator: swiftAdmin)
| | | |-+  Wilmer Thacker, 1912, Knox, MO. Son of Charles Swift, 1886, TN.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wilmer Thacker, 1912, Knox, MO. Son of Charles Swift, 1886, TN.  (Read 143 times)
Karl M Thacker

« on: May 18, 2016, 12:44:58 PM »

Well, I'm 99.9% certain I have found my correct paternal line...   For those who have not seen my earlier comment or queries elsewhere, my YDNA is not Thacker; it is Swift. First assumption was back to 1700s due to ties to Flower Swift Militia Company and Virginia or North Carolina. Nope.... With trees and such on Ancestry DNA, I was able to determine it was my grandfather who was not 'his father's son'. I don't know how. I don't know why. It may not have been by choice. It is what it is. I'm just looking for my true lineage.

I found a Charles Swift living in the town when my grandfather was born, but being a railroad employee it was hard to pin down his movements. I had lines and people and suspicions. Then just last week a new 2-3 cousin DNA match showed up on Ancestry. Her gr-grandfather? Charles Swift. Looking at what she had for later and what I had for earlier, I am convinced he was one in the same. (A sister with an unique name also helped) I have messaged my connection, but she did not reply.

Between the lines of my YDNA matches and the known history of the family, I had built a fairly substantial number of Swift into a tree. Once I placed Charles as my gr-grandfather, all kinds of matches and links and names started appearing. Yes, I now Ancestry links are simply tree-for-tree, but they are lining-up in conjunction with DNA levels and the specifics on those other trees.

As things stand right now: (with more reviewing and verification to be completed)

Wilmer Charles Thacker, 1912, Missouri
  Charles Swift, abt 1886, TN & Ellen Miranda Coffey Thacker, 1876, MO
    William Benjamin Swift, 1850, TN & Susan Coffmann, 1862, TN
      Wilburn Swift & Sarah Yelton
        Elias Swift & Lucy Issac  (I have some questions here)
          Thomas W Swift & Martha Linden

Primary focus right now is 1700s Virginia Melungeon and its part in my direct paternal line.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 19 queries.