World Families Forums - Peck DNA Project

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:27:54 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Peck (Moderator: Robert W Peck)
| | | |-+  Peck DNA Project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Peck DNA Project  (Read 1834 times)
peck01

« on: October 02, 2005, 04:56:37 PM »

Please contact me if you have anyquestions regarding our Peck DNA Project.

rwpeck at AOLdotcom
tishy_53

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 02:52:10 PM »

Hi, My Maiden name is Peck. I have recentley found I have homocyestenemia. I has a possible connection to a number 5 dna mutation. And right after, I found that my grandaughter has Spinal Muscular Atrophy 3. It also referances the same geno defect. Im wondering if there has been any other note of this.
Bob Peck
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »

As a genealogical project we have no medical information on participants. If an individual member who has such knowledge sees your posting they may and choose to respond on their own.
Larry A. Peck

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 04:07:14 PM »

There have been a number of theories about who the parents of Deacon Paul Peck might have been.  At this date I have not found of a solid lead.  The most common is that he was a brother to William, Joseph and Henry who came from England at about the same time.  William and Joseph came on the ship "Hector" 26 June 1737 and landed in Boston.  They died in or near New Haven, CT.  I do not any further information in Henry at this time.

It is generally accepted that Paul Peck came from England on the ship "Defense", landing in Boston in 1635.  He then traveled Hartford, CT with Rev. Hooker and lived there until his death.

Referring to the posted charts we find that out of 32 markers, I fail to match 4 with the family grouping shown as Peck Lineage 1.  So that tells me (1) the testing is not correct or (2) Paul was not a brother to the other three mentioned men.  They may have shared a distant relative but I understand it is not a high probability.

I am more excited to find that I only miss one marker out of 12 with D Peck, who is also listed in Possible Peck Lineage II.  However, I wonder about the difference in Hap-lo type, mine being I1a and his I?  I have not been able to locate a family history for D. Peck to see were the possible match ancestor might be. 

I would like to hear from D. Peck to try and compare notes.  I would like to hear others thoughts on this at this point.  I will more than likely upgrade to the complete DNA test, to try and get a better picture of my family links.

Larry Peck

J.Peck

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 08:01:08 AM »

gday all, im jason peck and i was just doing some family research when i found this site. I assume that most of you are american, and being an aussie, the chances of relation or a common gene are small. Anyways, my ancestor that i cannot trace back any further is John Peck, b. 1804 and died 1880, and came to south australia in 1839 aboard the barque 'cleaveland'. I estimate that he is from yorkshire; where i believe that where the peck name came from

any relavent or corresponding info to this would be greatly appreciated. cheers.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 18 queries.