World Families Forums - Pratts of Chelsea Ma. [prattsville]

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 12:30:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Pratt (Moderator: PrattAdmin)
| | | |-+  Pratts of Chelsea Ma. [prattsville]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pratts of Chelsea Ma. [prattsville]  (Read 1243 times)
MACHELSEAGROUP

« on: September 12, 2005, 01:14:10 PM »

you probably know me as caradoc28, or ollamfolla or just jim denning
I run the machelsea-l list whcih includes chelsea revere winthrop no chelsea and prattsville. I am doing the entire genealogy of this area. Pratts played a big part in it. the list has morphed into a database and dna project

the chelsea project is a locational study in ftdna. it excepts ydna but is mainly formed for mtdna to help tie familes inwhich the records  do mention maiden names.I would be honored if pratt project members  would consider as a second project  this chelsea project.  having pratt mtdna would be great
here is how i explain how it can help
so how can mtdna play a part? simple locations,locations locations

if you have a location which is heavely researched . just a ton of paperwork but some wives if mentioned had no maiden names.So you dont know maybe who this women is except for the name Mary
Now you have the females decended from Mary maybe thru 1910 .
Marys husband was a pratt. you have in your mailing list 7 people who decend from that couple 2 might be males decended from Samual Pratt's 6 sons but 5 are females who are decended thru the female lines off of Mary's 7 daughters.

these members are luke warm to all this since maiden names arent available. How can you be sure all the paperwork is true and people did what they said they did

so you get all 7 to test .the two males match making them decendents of Samuel. Now the 5 females test and match exactly proving that they are decendents of mary so all 7 are related .immediatly all their paperwork merges
and their trees spread wider more like an elm now then a fir.

but does it stop there you have done the genealogy of this tri town area and have many Pratts. Included in this paperwork are familes suspected but not proven to be near the pratts and some never thought to be Pratts

Do you stop testing with these 7 hell no

and people seeing the results fell maybe i can get some new people. As new people test those suspected to be close to the Pratts with no proof maybe they lived in prattville . they get their brother to test and his mtdna matches the 5 sisters decendents and his ydna is his surname Dearborn. Dearborn recruits his uncle to make sure they match they do but the uncle surprises everyone and matches the 5 women decended from mary. Uncle Dearborn has his tree past the Samuel Pratt and Mary. He looks at his time table to see who might be the conection. sure enough in the period his tree has Jacob Dearborn and Priscilla they had 8 kids 5 seemed to survive but only 3 were known to have paperwork past birth .one of the two undocumented was a Mary so this means using his paperwork we find a female decendent of Priscilla. we test her and sure enough she matches the five decendents of Mary Dearborn ,Mary,Uncle dearborn, nephew Dearborn, this means somehow nephew dearborn's mom and uncle dearborns mom were related to priscilla Jacob's wife

now you merge all the trees involved and the research on the community has guidance on what to expect to find.

I dont know how many of you have done towns genealogys I have and this is more then possible even probable

Jim Denning -Ygenealogist-MTgenealogist
using Genetics to connect
Chelsea,Ma.-Woburn,Ma.-denning-dennen-danin-dinan-dinihey-denningston-dinning-carlon-carroll-dever-cogan-malone-heslin-piscopo-mazzola-martini-farrell-mchugh-farley-grimes-lynch-doherty-SanDanto,Ita-Adargh,longford-Revere,Ma-Wintrop,Ma.- and ever an  growing list
List owner of Irish-dna,Piscopo-l-Heslin-l,McHugh-l,Cogan-l-Machelsea-l,Ita-Frosinone-l,Mazzola-l-Duggan-l
Project Manager of Chelsea Ma. Genetics Project,Denning&Variants Project-Farrell Genetics Project-The Cogan Project- the Duggan Project- County Longford Project-Frosinone Italy Project

aaron pratt
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 11:27:23 PM »

My name is Aaron Pratt, my dad is Fredrick Lincoln Pratt and we are related to: http://www.pilgrimhall.org/prattphineas.htm - We have lived in and around New England for many generations it appears.

My dads dad put together a great family tree many years ago that goes all the way back to england. If you are interested in seeing it maybe I could photo copy it and send it your way. Dna tests? Wow, that sounds extremely interesting. My dad is in his 80's, I would enjoy learning something new about where we came from to tell him about...

Regards,

Aaron Pratt
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 18 queries.