World Families Forums - Seems we really don't have anything in common apart from the name :-)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 09:40:04 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'L'
| | |-+  Lacy (Moderator: lacyAdmin)
| | | |-+  Seems we really don't have anything in common apart from the name :-)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seems we really don't have anything in common apart from the name :-)  (Read 1582 times)
Stephen Lacey
« on: June 20, 2005, 11:32:48 AM »

Hi All ,

Well out of the 4 intrested in the DNA project , really seems as though we have very little in comon , apart from the name ?

Any thoughts, comments, and ideas how to get any other lacey/lacys involved ?

Rgds
Steve
Wiley
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 12:54:25 AM »

Hi ~ I talked my father into the DNA tests ~ we went for the most comprehensive. We believe we tie to the Thomas Lacy line but have never been able to find the link. We do know that his family was in America very early ~ most likely 1600's. Family folklore says that our Lacys were welll known and had something to be proud of ~ what that is I do not know. They ended up in Madison, Dyer, Lauderdale and Crockett Counties in Tennessee ~ ?and some later went to Arkansas. They raised cotton and shipped (river boats) it as far as LA. I strongly believe that my 3rd great grandfather married a Sally Bryant ~ there is a posting at Rootsweb by Martha Marble in re: to a William Lacy in Greene Co. NC ~married to a Sally Bryant. We have a William Lacy that died approx 1830 in Madison Co TN. leaving a wife and four small children. My gr gr grandfather William Parker Lacy has a brother John and Levi ~ we do not know the 3rd sibiling. ?My father claims that Lacy with and e is Catholic ~ we are ?Protestant. The DNA results did show matches in Northern Ireland.

An elder in the family claimed that our line was in Virgina before NC ~ somewhere in Alabama and then Tennessee. I have found two records in NC that we know are our line. The earliest is a Parker Lacy on the Pitt Co. Tax Roles in 1762 ~ residing with a Levi Adams. ?

Not long ago I stumbled across a Lacy line in Sussex Co. DE that had a Parker Lacey ~ I was trying to find our connection to the Parker family as that name has been passed down for generations. An online contact did tell me that the Sussex Co DE Lacys were connected to the Enloes and we do have a least two Enloe Lacys in our line. The other names in DE that were connected ( some of them anyway) were Anderson, Parker, Smith, Burton, Prettyman. One of the records we do have from Hyde Co. NC is a deed record listing heirs of a Parker Lacy ~ who had a predeceased brother named Adam Lacy. We also have a will dated 1788 and made offical 1790 for a Parker Lacy from Hyde Co. NC. His daughter Agness married a Mason. I believe the other names in the will were Isaac, Joseph, John, Adams, and Parker Lacys wife was Ann. I found an abstract online that also mentions an Elizabeth and Fenetress Lacy in connection with the will and some of his children were exclued. As my gr gr grandfather, his son James Parker Lacy and others have gone by there middle names it really gets hard to trace. We do have a number of Williams and Johns though. The deed record that I mentioned had a major clue ~ it mentions a Skelton Lacy of TN ~ my gr gr grandfather named one of his sons John Skelton Lacy ~ That particular Skelton mentioned in the deed went to Williamson Co TN around 1820. One of the other names in that deed record we could not read it was either Sunty or Sukey Smith ~ married to an Abel Smith ~ She must have been a Lacy, (Pitt Co ?~ NC)
Are there Lacys in the DNA data base ~ it is so confusing ~ we just started reading the info and want to know how to compare data with other Lacys. ? Thanks for any response ?Cheryl (Lacy) Cudney
Brad5229

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 04:41:11 PM »

I'm looking at Lacy's out of Frederick,VA c1750-1809 as part of my ancestry, but the Parker and Skelton names caught my eye. I have a George W Lacy (son of Asa Clevenger Lacy) that married a Mary Jane Parker (m1864, Iowa. Du. of Elisha Parker). Parker is not an uncommon name, I know, but they are buried in Phillips, NE not far from grave markers That read "In memory of Grandma Skelton and Nona" and "SKELTON, James 16 Sept 1793 - 26 Dec 1866, Dysea Reavis 13 Jun 1803 - Aug 28 1885". There is a Skelton on Ancestry.com that has Lacy's in a private tree, but they have not replied to my query. Either there is a Skelton connection between the Lacy's I'm looking at in VA and those in NC, or I'm looking at the wrong Lacy's. I am looking at a Joseph b.c1735, VA. Could he be the Joseph mentioned in the will, in the previous posting? It's been two years, I hope you are still out there Cheryl. I will copy this to your email as well.
I just joined and I'm waiting for my results to come back.
As more people are tested matches will eventually pop up, until then I guess it's all about the name/s.
MySearchID

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 05:13:55 PM »

Hi ~ I talked my father into the DNA tests ~ we went for the most comprehensive. We believe we tie to the Thomas Lacy line but have never been able to find the link. We do know that his family was in America very early ~ most likely 1600's. Family folklore says that our Lacys were welll known and had something to be proud of ~ what that is I do not know. They ended up in Madison, Dyer, Lauderdale and Crockett Counties in Tennessee ~ ?and some later went to Arkansas. They raised cotton and shipped (river boats) it as far as LA. I strongly believe that my 3rd great grandfather married a Sally Bryant ~ there is a posting at Rootsweb by Martha Marble in re: to a William Lacy in Greene Co. NC ~married to a Sally Bryant. We have a William Lacy that died approx 1830 in Madison Co TN. leaving a wife and four small children. My gr gr grandfather William Parker Lacy has a brother John and Levi ~ we do not know the 3rd sibiling. ?My father claims that Lacy with and e is Catholic ~ we are ?Protestant. The DNA results did show matches in Northern Ireland.

An elder in the family claimed that our line was in Virgina before NC ~ somewhere in Alabama and then Tennessee. I have found two records in NC that we know are our line. The earliest is a Parker Lacy on the Pitt Co. Tax Roles in 1762 ~ residing with a Levi Adams. ?

Not long ago I stumbled across a Lacy line in Sussex Co. DE that had a Parker Lacey ~ I was trying to find our connection to the Parker family as that name has been passed down for generations. An online contact did tell me that the Sussex Co DE Lacys were connected to the Enloes and we do have a least two Enloe Lacys in our line. The other names in DE that were connected ( some of them anyway) were Anderson, Parker, Smith, Burton, Prettyman. One of the records we do have from Hyde Co. NC is a deed record listing heirs of a Parker Lacy ~ who had a predeceased brother named Adam Lacy. We also have a will dated 1788 and made offical 1790 for a Parker Lacy from Hyde Co. NC. His daughter Agness married a Mason. I believe the other names in the will were Isaac, Joseph, John, Adams, and Parker Lacys wife was Ann. I found an abstract online that also mentions an Elizabeth and Fenetress Lacy in connection with the will and some of his children were exclued. As my gr gr grandfather, his son James Parker Lacy and others have gone by there middle names it really gets hard to trace. We do have a number of Williams and Johns though. The deed record that I mentioned had a major clue ~ it mentions a Skelton Lacy of TN ~ my gr gr grandfather named one of his sons John Skelton Lacy ~ That particular Skelton mentioned in the deed went to Williamson Co TN around 1820. One of the other names in that deed record we could not read it was either Sunty or Sukey Smith ~ married to an Abel Smith ~ She must have been a Lacy, (Pitt Co ?~ NC)
Are there Lacys in the DNA data base ~ it is so confusing ~ we just started reading the info and want to know how to compare data with other Lacys. ? Thanks for any response ?Cheryl (Lacy) Cudney
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 18 queries.