World Families Forums - Additional SNP Packs Released

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2016, 07:49:01 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'B'
| | |-+  Barker (Moderator: Arthur C. Barker)
| | | |-+  Additional SNP Packs Released
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Additional SNP Packs Released  (Read 2169 times)
Arthur C. Barker

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 01:03:45 AM »

Family Tree DNA has just released five new SNP Packs, bringing the total to 55 now.  All five are being offered at the usual introductory price of $99.00.  They are:

J1-S12192 & BY67
R1b-U152
R1b-Z367
R1b-Z43
R1b-Z49

I also like the fact that they relabeled some of the previous yDNA Haplogroup J SNP Packs so that you can easily tell if they pertain to the J1 or the J2 branches.  We currently do not have any Kits in the Project in J1, so none of these J1 SNP Packs are useful to any of our Members at present.  However, the older J2-M172 SNP Pack would seem to be a good fit for three of our Members who show that ending SNP for now.

We have one Member who has tested to R-U152 and the new R1b-U152 SNP Pack looks like it might be useful unless a decision to take Big Y at some point in the future has been made.  From their currently estimated or tested SNP positions, I do not see any of our other Members being able to utilize the other three new SNP Packs at this time.
Arthur C. Barker

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2016, 02:19:17 AM »

Family Tree DNA has now deleted the following SNP Pack:

J1-Al-Mubailesh

This brings the total number of SNP Packs available to purchase down to 54.
Arthur C. Barker

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 11:53:37 PM »

Three more SNP Packs have been released by Family Tree DNA, bringing the total available now to 57.  As is standard, these three new Packs can temporarily be purchased at an introductory price of $99.00.  Except for the R1b-M343 Backbone SNP Pack, all of the others now cost $119.00.  The three new ones are:

I1-CTS10028
I1-CTS6364
J1-Z1842

It is impossible to know if either of the two new I1 SNP Packs would be of interest to our I1 Members because these are advanced Packs and all of our Members are at the default level according to what it shown in our y-Results table.  If they have guidance from the relevant Haplogroup project, perhaps one of these would be useful.  There are no J1 Members in our Project currently, so the third SNP Pack is not of any interest to anyone here.
Arthur C. Barker

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 01:32:47 AM »

Family Tree DNA has just introduced a 58th SNP Pack at the customary introductory price of $99.00.  Except for the R1b-M343 Backbone SNP Pack, all of the others now cost $119.00.  The new SNP Pack, R1b-Z2185, is an advanced one, out from one of the multitudinous sub-branches of R-DF13, the one caused by the SNP mutation R-ZZ10_1.  As far as I can tell from the Kits that have done any SNP testing, this new SNP Pack would not be of any use for any of our Members.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 19 queries.