Welcome to the Pedigree Forum for the Birmingham Surname Project!
Project’s Website: http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/Birmingham/
[Navigate to all pages of the project's website using the links across the top of the page.]
Posting your pedigree allows it to be seen by interested researchers who may contact you to share information. It’s a great way to further your research.
Each project website includes both a FAMILY PEDIGREE FORUM and a PROJECT’S PATRIARCH PAGE.
Please Note: Our Pedigree Policy was revised as of November 15, 2012, for WorldFamilies-administered Project Patriarch Pages
The FAMILY PEDIGREE FORUM (below) is open to anyone who has a family pedigree in this surname.
• Researchers who are not a member of the Surname DNA Project, but wish to share a family pedigree.
• Project Members who wish to post a more extended version of their pedigree to supplement the “stripped down” pedigree posted on the Patriarch Page.
The PROJECT’S PATRIARCH PAGE http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/Birmingham/pats
includes only the pedigrees of Project Members.
• The pedigree must be for a Member of the Surname DNA Project at Family Tree DNA.
• You must provide a kit number to be posted with the pedigree.
• You must submit your pedigree by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The email should include the following:
# Name of project
# Kit Number
# Name of person posting pedigree
# Email address to be posted with pedigree
# Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse of Earliest Known Ancestor
# List each succeeding generation below, using only those four items of information (or substitute another item of information if missing an item)
To post on this Pedigree Forum:
• Register and log in at www.worldfamilies.net
• How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/register
• I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered
• When you have logged in, scroll to the last posting on this forum, click "reply" and post your pedigree.
• Please do not include names for anyone born after 1910, to protect privacy.
If you have questions or are unable to post your pedigree on this forum, please contact email@example.com
For a step-by-step guide to using DNA for genealogy, please read DNA the Smart Way www.worldfamilies.net/smart