World Families Forums - Information on James and Joshua Hunter of Newport Parish, IOW, Virginia

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 30, 2016, 07:56:50 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Hunter (Moderator: hunterAdmin)
| | | |-+  Information on James and Joshua Hunter of Newport Parish, IOW, Virginia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Information on James and Joshua Hunter of Newport Parish, IOW, Virginia  (Read 110 times)
MaryJVA

« on: January 12, 2016, 01:18:48 PM »

I do not think this book is part of the newly digitized Brantley Association work on records from Isle of Wight Co., Virginia.

I did find a bit of information that was totally new to me and anyone in my family.

We have James Hunter's date of death which is in the family Bible. It is as follows:
"James Hunter departed this life the 17th day of March in the year of our Lord 1738, aged 65 years, 11 months and two days."

His son Joshua Hunter (Bible dates) "Joshua Hunter departed this life the 19th day of December in the year of our Lord 1771."  (In the Bible record the number 1 in 71 is hard to read. We have always thought this did say 1771. ) His wife Elizabeth died soon thereafter we think when the children James and Elizabeth were quite young. The family lost a LOT of information due to these deaths.

We have never known anything about the elder James except these above mentioned death dates.

I would like to share what I have just found in "Virginia Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850(data online)Provo, UT, USA:Ancestry Operations, Inc, 2004, etc. .......The will abstracts for Isle of Wight and Norfolk counties were taken from microfilmed copies of the original Will Books  Some of these records may be found at the Family History Library as well as other libraries and archives.  The originals may be found at the appropriate county courthouses."

As follows:
Name: James Hunter
Date: 22 Aug 1735

Notes: This probate record was extracted from microfilmed copies of the original Will Book.
Remarks:
James Hunter of the Parish of Newport,Leg. granddaughter Mary Allen; granddaughter Elizabeth Allen; daughter Sarah. daughter Mary Allen. son Joshua. Ex. son Joshua Hunter

Description: Testator
Book: 4-235
Prove date: 23 July 1739

I hope this helps some of you who are researching this line.

MaryJVA
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 19 queries.