World Families Forums - How do I post my DNA Results?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 04:41:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Y-Haplogroups
| | |-+  How do I post my DNA Results?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do I post my DNA Results?  (Read 6398 times)
AlaRon

Linda R. West-Thompson and some ugly fellow.

« on: March 22, 2005, 06:46:50 PM »

http://

I visited the Results section of the Thompson DNA section and I could find my results posted nor could I understand how to get them posted.

Could someone help me?

Ron Thompson
AlaRon

Linda R. West-Thompson and some ugly fellow.

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 06:56:15 PM »

http://

What I meant to say was that I COULD NOT find my results posted.
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 03:36:31 PM »

You can post your Thompson pedigree at:  http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?topic=2879.0

The Thompson Project site is at:  http://www.thompsonfamilies.org/ 

Contact the administrator about posting your results.  If you were tested at FTDNA and are a member of the Thompson project, she should have already posted them.  If you were tested at FTDNA , but are not in the project, or were tested  elsewhere, you will have to submit them to her for posting.

Terry
Cliff Sheets
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 01:43:31 PM »

I am pretty new to this (I first learned about DNA Genealogical Research last Saturday). But the site www.smgf.org is a place where you can enter your DNA markers and see if anyone else matches yours. You can also get a free DNA kit and turn in your 4+ generation pedigree chart and they will post it for anyone else who enters your DNA Markers or name variant (only names of people who died before 1900 will be displayed).

www.ysearch.org is another place I've seen that you can post your Genealogy and DNA Markers.
Dan Martinez Burrola

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 05:01:42 PM »

How do i get my DNA results for posting to my archives

DanMBurrola@msn.com
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 10:14:07 AM »

Hi, Dan.  Your question was: How do i get my DNA results for posting to my archives
I need a little more information before I can answer.  If you were tested at Family Tree DNA, you can have your results posted on the Project Website's Results page here at Worldfamilies.net by joining the project.  Here's how to do that:
 When the test kit is returned to FamilyTreeDNA, you receive access to your "personal page".  In your FTDNA page is a blue button labeled "join".  Click on that button, then select the surname, then select a second gray join button which is lower on the page.  Or, you can call or email FTDNA and ask them to transfer you into the project.  We hope that you'll also post your family pedigree at the Forum and encourage the other researchers that you work with to join in, both in posting their pedigrees and in getting the yDNA of their ancestral family on record in the project.
If you were tested at another company, we can send you a table in which to post your test results (if the company is one that we post test results for) and when you return the completed table, we will post your results on the project's Results page.
Hope that answers your question.  Let me know if I can be of further help.
Troubadour

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 06:33:01 PM »

Dear Administrator Marilyn,

I have some Y-DNA results for myself obtained from Genebase. I would like to make the results available at this site. I have received the data on 41 of 44 STR markers so far - I also await results of SNP testing. Should I wait for all results to be available, and then post all at once?

I am in a similar position regarding MtDNA testing.

Be warned, my predicted Haplogroup arose, in Europe, over 15,000 years ago, and my technical ability with Computers is similarly ancient!!
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 12:12:32 AM »

Hi Troubador.  I need to step in on this one. 

The International Society of Genetic Genealogy (ISOGG) has requested that GeneBase provide the genetic genealogy community with a correlation table - as GeneBase results reporting does not align with the other testing companies.  Until we receive that correlation table, we will not place GeneBase results in our projects.

Sorry.  Fuss at GeneBase.  They wouldn't even respond to individual requests for the correlation.  They did respond to ISOGG, confirming that the would provide the information, but still haven't.

Terry
Troubadour

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 12:43:51 AM »

Thank you, Terry, for your reply.

I thought there was something funny about my results!

Asking about compatibility of testing companies was another question I wanted to ask. It seems your psychic ability has answered before I could frame the question.

Thank you
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »

FTDNA has recognised that some folks want to get into their system (which most genetic genealogists consider the world's best).  So, if you were tested elsewhere, FTDNA offers you the chance to retest at FTDNA at a  to their regular price.  (this gives you full privileges at FTDNA)

Here's the link to order:  http://www.familytreedna.com/PDF/PROMO_GAP.pdf

And, here's the link to my analysis of the advantages of being tested at FTDNA: 

http://worldfamilies.net/retest_at_FTDNA.html

Terry
Troubadour

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »

Dear Terry,

Thank you for the information regarding Low-Cost retesting with FTDNA.

According to the PDF form, you kindly provided a link for, the promotion ended mid-August 2007.

I shall endeavour to do my best to encourage Genebase to provide a correlation table. I shall post the details of my success or failure.

I am a regular Joe, and like most regular Joe's and Jemima's, I just want my DNA tested for genealogical value, and to make my results available, free of charge, to all persons with a genuine genealogical interest. I do not really want to get into promoting one group and doing-down others. I would like to see standardisation of data in a format freely available to all in a spirit of international genealogical brotherhood.

I am beginning to get depressed already :(
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 09:14:15 PM by Troubadour » Logged
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 12:30:05 AM »

hmmm.  FTDNA's page does still have the old date on it.  I understand that there is no time limit.  I'll see if I can get them to change that. 

In the meantime, I assure you that the FTDNA offer is currently available.  I saw it used a couple of days ago.

I was specifically trying to avoid any "doing down" of an organization.  I carefully limited my comments to facts that I know first hand.  I share your desire that data be standardized and freely available.  I don't think any organization (except maybe FTDNA - who is much bigger than we are) has done more to make information freely available than WorldFamilies.   

Projects using our websites have the ability to include dna results from any testing company.  (We even included GeneBase results until we realized they weren't lining up correctly.)

Good luck in getting GeneBase to release that conversion table.  We'll still be here.   

Terry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 17 queries.