Joseph Fields, my ancestor, born abt 1750-56, was born in Maryland.
-Pensioned Revolutionary War
The Fields migrated from England beginning in the 1660's. Several came directly to Maryland, and William obtained land under a charter from Lord Baltimore in 1678. Edward Thomas were landholders in the early 1700's.
Joseph Fields was born about 1750-56. He enrolled in the 3rd Maryland regiment 4th Company, from St. Mary's County in 1776. He served for 3 years and was wounded at the battle of Brandywine in New Jersey. After leaving the army, he returned to St. Mary's county and married Elizabeth Willingham, the daughter of John B. Willingham (he was probably a Jacobite).
The remaining line of this ancestor is below:
Descendants of Joseph Fields
Generation No. 1
1. JOSEPH1 FIELDS was born January 1, 1756 in St. Mary's County, Maryland Colony. He married (1) ELIZABETH WILLINGHAM in Maryland Colony. He married (2) SALLIE HIEMAN. He married (3) NANCY HARRIS.
Children of JOSEPH FIELDS and ELIZABETH WILLINGHAM are:
2. i. WILFRED2 "MILES"FIELDS, b. April 11, 1795, Washington County; d. May 10, 1876.
ii. JAMES FIELDS, b. April 11, 1795.
iii. JOHN FIELDS, b. October 15, 1796.
iv. MARY FIELDS, b. 1796.
Children of JOSEPH FIELDS and NANCY HARRIS are:
v. NANCY2 FIELDS.
vi. SUSAN FIELDS.
vii. TREASY FIELDS.
viii. JOSEPH FIELDS, JR..
ix. ELIZABETH FIELDS.
x. GEORGE FIELDS.
xi. THOMAS FIELDS.
xii. PHILIP FIELDS.
xiii. ANN FIELDS.
xiv. WILLIAM FIELDS.
xv. BENEDICT FIELDS.
xvi. FLEMMING FIELDS.
Generation No. 2
2. WILFRED2 "MILES"FIELDS (JOSEPH1 FIELDS) was born April 11, 1795 in Washington County, and died May 10, 1876. He married SARA YATES July 22, 1818.
Children of WILFRED "MILES"FIELDS and SARA YATES are:
3. i. HIRAM WILLIAM3 FIELDS, b. 1837, Washington Co. , Ky; d. 1913.
ii. CHARLES FIELDS.
Generation No. 3
3. HIRAM WILLIAM3 FIELDS (WILFRED2 "MILES"FIELDS, JOSEPH1 FIELDS) was born 1837 in Washington Co. , Ky, and died 1913. He married AMANDA ELIZABETH MILLS.
Children of HIRAM FIELDS and AMANDA MILLS are:
4. i. "TOM" JOSEPH THOMAS4 FIELDS, b. August 10, 1889, Washington Co. , Ky; d. March 19, 1973, Bardstown , Ky.
ii. MATTIE LEE LILY.
iii. HERBERT CLARENCE.
iv. BURNIE MILES.
vii. JOHN ROY LEE.
viii. BERTHA MAE.
Generation No. 4
4. "TOM" JOSEPH THOMAS4 FIELDS (HIRAM WILLIAM3, WILFRED2 "MILES"FIELDS, JOSEPH1 FIELDS) was born August 10, 1889 in Washington Co. , Ky, and died March 19, 1973 in Bardstown , Ky. He married "MAGGIE" MAE ST CLAIR March 7, 1916 in Bardstown , Ky Methodist Church, daughter of GEORGE ST CLAIR and ALICE BROWN.
Children of "TOM" FIELDS and "MAGGIE" ST CLAIR are:
i. MARVIN THOMAS5 FIELDS, b. March 2, 1919, Samuel's, Ky; d. January 28, 1986, Lousiville,Ky; m. BEATRICE WELCH.
More About MARVIN THOMAS FIELDS:
Fact 1: January 28, 1986, DIED-BARDSTOWN-CA-PROSTRATE
5. ii. HAZEL ELIZABETH FIELDS, b. August 23, 1921, Samules ,Ky.
iii. INETTA FAY FIELDS, b. July 5, 1924, Samules, Ky; d. August 15, 1925, Samules, Ky.
More About INETTA FAY FIELDS:
Fact 1: August 15, 1925, Believed to have died of pneumonia complex
iv. "ANDY" ANNA LAURA FIELDS, b. March 1, 1926, Samuel's, Ky; d. December 3, 1987, Lousiville,Ky.
v. "MILFORD" MURVIN FIELDS, b. August 20, 1928.
6. vi. CALVIN EDWIN FIELDS, b. May 10, 1934, Samuel's Kentucky.
vii. SHIRLEY FIELDS ALLEN, b. January 10, 1939.
viii. RUTH LOUISE WILLIAMS, b. September 7, 1931.
6. CALVIN EDWIN5 FIELDS ("TOM" JOSEPH THOMAS4, HIRAM WILLIAM3, WILFRED2 "MILES"FIELDS, JOSEPH1 FIELDS) was born May 10, 1934 in Samuel's Kentucky. He married "BEANIE" ALBINA ANN KRUGER 1959 in Bardstown , Ky. ST Joe Catholic, daughter of "CHUBBY" KRUGER and "SUDIE" ESSEX.
Notes for "BEANIE" ALBINA ANN KRUGER:
Mom died April 14 the same day in history in which Abraham Lincoln was fatally wounded at Fords theater in 1865.
Children of CALVIN FIELDS and "BEANIE" KRUGER are:
i. 'RONNIE" JOSEPH RONALD6 FIELDS, b. October 14, 1959, Bardstown, Ky.; m. HOLLY LANE COOK.
Joseph Fields was born about 1750. He enrolled in the 3rd Maryland regiment 4th Company, from St. MaryÂ’s County in 1776. He served for 3 years and was wounded at the battle of Brandywine in New Jersey. After leaving the army, he returned to St. MaryÂ’s County and married Elizabeth Willingham, the daughter of John B. Willingham (he was probably a Jacobite expelled after the last uprising in support of Bonnie Prince Charlie), a neighbor who also served in the Maryland Militia. They settled in the Upper Newton Hundred area near Port Tobacco (Leonardstown, MD.), most likely, as working farmers. At this time the overharvesting of tobacco had ruined much land, and post revolutionary war problems had made life difficult. We know they had two (twin) boys, James Wilfred, who were baptized at nearby St. PaulÂ’s Church, which no longer exists.
Joseph apparently decided to take advantage of land opening up in Kentucky (also was given a land grant for Ohio), and joined a large group (150) of Catholic families that settled in the Washington County area. His first try there appears to have been in 1795, and he returned in 1797, but may have done so without Elizabeth. It is certain he brought Wilfred.
His subsequent marriages included Ann Arvin, Asa Moore, Sallie Heerman, and Nancy Harris. He apparently fathered at least 10 children. He died in Bardstown in 1846, after having moved briefly to Marten County, Ind. with his son Philip.
Philip settled in Martin County with his brother Charles. Charles had a son Thomas, who was the father of Eugene. Thomas apparently had 4 or five wives, and died in ????? in 1904.