World Families Forums - Record: N118186, 'Wilmer Thacker, b1910, MO. Father is Unknown Swift'

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 14, 2016, 09:59:53 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Thacker (Moderator: thackerAdmin)
| | | |-+  Record: N118186, 'Wilmer Thacker, b1910, MO. Father is Unknown Swift'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Record: N118186, 'Wilmer Thacker, b1910, MO. Father is Unknown Swift'  (Read 71 times)
Karl M Thacker

« on: February 01, 2016, 01:14:12 PM »

I discovered a year ago that my YDNA simply did not match to any known Thacker record. Instead, I match closely to Swift, as well as a couple of Sanders and Knuckles/Nuckolls. The Swift are descendants of the Flower Swift family.

Well, after a whole lot of looking for any Who, When and Where that would explain the situation with my not matching to other descendants of the Louisa Co., VA & Vinton Co., Ohio, Thackers, it is now 99% set in stone that my own grandfather, Wilmer Charles Thacker, b 1910, Baring, Knox County, Missouri, was not fathered by a Thacker. Comparisons on GEDMatch and Ancestry DNA with the children of my paternal uncle, as well as with children of Wilmer's own sister, it is clear that myself and the children of my uncle fall on one side, and that the son of my grandfather's sister falls on another.

At this point in time I have a Swift living, literally, down the street from my great-grandparents at the time of my grandfather's birth. There may extenuating circumstances, but I guess I'll see.

My lineage for the time is:
Unknown (Swift?)
  Wilmer C Thacker Sr, b 1910, Baring, Missouri
    James M Thacker, b 1936, Des Moines, Iowa
      Karl Thacker, b 1968, Des Moines, Iowa

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:45:49 PM by Karl M Thacker » Logged

Primary focus right now is 1700s Virginia Melungeon and its part in my direct paternal line.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 19 queries.