World Families Forums - myrick coat or arms

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2014, 06:13:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  Myrick (Moderator: myrickAdmin)
| | | |-+  myrick coat or arms
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: myrick coat or arms  (Read 1428 times)
paula
« on: March 12, 2005, 08:44:21 AM »

does anyone know where i can get a true myrick coat of arms...there are loads of site that promise the correct one but will not let you view it. i also have a book the new world book of myricks ..it gives the crest and coat of arms but it is in black and white. i want to purchase a print if i can find the correct one. i have tried public lib. lib of congress. halberts family heritage which is the publishing company for the book i have ..the world book of myricks..any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks paula
Basso Profundo

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 10:32:25 PM »

Paula -

George Byron Merrick's 1902 GENEALOGY OF THE MERRICK - MIRICK - MYRICK FAMILY OF MASSACHUSETTS 1636-1902 has what I believe is the true Myrick coat of arms. The book is long out of print. I got a xerox copy of it from a dealer many years ago.? I can send you a picture of the coat of arms if you don't have it - in black and white.? It has two ravens and 3 candles on it, among other things.? I don't know where Halberts got the one they send out, but it's not even similar.

The original book has it in color I'm pretty sure.? I saw a copy of it in the Los Angeles Public Library sometime in the 60s, and I think another copy in the genealogy library in the capital building in St. Paul, MN about 1982.? I'm not sure if they will send them out on Interlibrary Loan or not, but you could try.? I've never looked for it in the Salt Lake library, but they may have an original copy too.

Kent D. Myrick
Phoenix, AZ
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 18 queries.