World Families Forums - Spiars, Spiers, etc., possible descendants of Keller

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 10:46:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'K'
| | |-+  Keller (Moderator: kellerAdmin)
| | | |-+  Spiars, Spiers, etc., possible descendants of Keller
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spiars, Spiers, etc., possible descendants of Keller  (Read 1032 times)
Possible Relative

« on: May 08, 2007, 09:22:45 AM »

In my family, a story that was handed down from my 3Ggrandfather John Spiars indicated that he was kidnapped by Indians when he was about four years old from a farm in the Pennsylvania - West Virginia border area in the mid- to late-1700's.  Kidnapped at the same time was a lady with last name of Spier or Spiers.  He knew his first name was John, and the Indians told him his last name was Spiers or Spiars (latter spelling is what he adopted), although he was not related to the lady with that name.  He lived with the Indians until he was twenty-one when he escaped near Natchez, Mississippi.  I have wondered if my ancestor was a member of the Keller family which had a small child, named John Jacob Keller, kidnapped by the Indians circa 1757.  My ancestor had dark hair and dark eyes.  Only a DNA test would be able to prove or disprove this family story.  Unfortunately, I can only postulate the theory.  I am a female and cannot participate in any Surname DNA project, and I do not have any contact information for anyone with the last name of Spiars.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.