World Families Forums - Torres Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 06:02:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Torres (Moderator: TorresAdmin)
| | | |-+  Torres Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Torres Family Pedigrees  (Read 3763 times)
TorresAdmin

« on: January 02, 2005, 11:57:33 AM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Torres Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1.  Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

E
mail address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
                 Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
                 N
ame, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct  male line).

2.  Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

1. You must be logged in to post on this forum.
    How do I register to post a pedigree?
    I've already registered. How do I log in?

2.  Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.

3. Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.

4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line.  Please post only the information for each generation:

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information) 

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:

o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor

o        Begin with the earliest generation

o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc

o        Try to keep to one line per generation

o        Include only generations that have this family surname

o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider

o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant

o        Use surname with each generation

o        Don’t use all caps

o        Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.

o        Don’t number the generations 

Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".    

If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time. 

Michael George Torres
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 08:37:03 PM »

Hi,

I was very excited to find this forum. I have not heard to much of the history of my father's family lines. Except that we are suppose to have Spanish jewish and Mexican Indian blood in us. The family came from a small village in a state Mexico, Michiocan. The village is called Purepero, A lot of family still lives there. I have never been there, so the only thing I know about it is from family members who have visited it. We also have family in the town of Morelos, and Mexico city. In 1974, we had a family reunion in Southern California. In Norwalk park in the Los Angeles area, I heard that there was only about only one third or one fourth of the family there, I attended the reunion. We had about 800 people there it was pretty exciting to meet so many relatives. My Grandfather passed away I think when I was in the seventh grade about 1966 or 1967. He was blind and he would stay with different family's. He would stay about one or two weeks at each family's home, and I remember having a great time with him when I was really young. My mother say's that he would speak Aztec to her and she would have to tell him not to speak aztec because she didn't understand him, and he would just laugh. Apparently there was some kind of riff in the family and that was why he migarated to the U.S. but I don't know what it was the first time I heard about that was last year, when I ask my dad something about the family and he told me and my wife about it with tears in his eye's. I heard two stories about my grandfather who's name was Rafael, (1) was that he rode a horse from Purepero to the Riverside , Ca. area. And then began buying and selling horse's. He would ride over to San Juan Capistrano and herd them over to the Saboba Indian Reservation in Riverside county near Hemet and sell them to the Saboba's and then stay with them and gamble and them go back and buy more horse's and come back and sell them to the Saboba's and he did that for awhile. (2) I heard that he was a  in Riverside, Ca. and that was where he and my Grandmother were married. I never met my grandmother, she passed away before I was born in 1956. My Father's name is Ladislao Mendez Torres, his brothers name's were they have all passed on now, Adolfo Torres, Louis Torres, Rafael Torres, my dad's sisters names are Josephina (Josie) Torres, Ruth(Cucah) I don't remember her married name. My uncle Louie had a twin sister who died when they were in their twenties. Anyway if you would like to know more about my family please e-mail me and I will continue this Saga!?
Thanks and I hope to hear from you.

Michael G. Torres
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 09:16:20 PM »

Hi, Michael.  Thanks for your posting.  If you have dates for your pedigree, I will be happy to post it on the Patriarch Page.  Good luck with your research.
Marilyn
Elinor Kerklingh Svihla
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 04:13:57 PM »

I know very little about my Torres family. My mother, Maria Laura Torres, was born in St. Michael's Parish, Barbados in 15 Aug 1915. She was baptized on 20 Nov 1915 in St. Patrick's Cathedral and Confirmed in St. Patrick's on 2 Jul 1922. Her parents were Carlos and Laura Alvarez. Her Godmother was Mathilda Gutierrez and her Confirmation sponsor was Amerinda Torres. At an early age, my mother was placed in the Ursuline Convent School where she was raised by the nuns. The story she heard was that her mother died young and her father couldn't take care of her. He placed her in the school and paid tuition for several years when it stopped. Instead of putting her up for adoption, the nuns raised her. My mother died in 1993 and either didn't know anything or she just didn't want to talk about her past. The Ursuline school does not have any records of the early years. They were eaten by worms. I went through the Barbados civil registers on births, baptisms and burials, but could find no record of my mother's birth. In fact, I didn't see any Hispanic names in any of the other records. I was hoping to find her birth in the registers which might point out where her parents were born.  The name of her Confirmation sponsor - Amerinda intrigues me. Could that name have a connection with the Amerindians, the indigenous peoples of Guyana? I know that sounds far fetched; however, there were a lot of connections between Barbados and British Guyana. In fact, the motherhouse of the nuns were iin Georgetown. Any information would be helpful.
Melina Torres Nieves
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 07:10:09 PM »

My great grandfather was Agustin Torres Colon b- Coamo or Juana Diaz, Puerto
Rico.? He married? Manuela Rodriguez Roche and had several children. Their second son was my grandfather who was Luciano Torres Rodriguez born.c 1880 in Juana Diaz ,Puerto Rico. He married Candida Sanchez b 1898 d.1998 and they had ten children. My father is their first son, Felix Torres Sanchez b. Sept 1927 in Villalba, Puerto Rico and he married Angelica Nieves Montes from Rio Grande area.
sifulen

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »

My name is Leonard Torres,
 I went through some records and found the following.  I could not beyond Antonio Torres but based on my DNA sequence I may be a descended of the Cristobal de Torres lineage.  All the Torres that match thus far trace to Cristobal via Marcial de Torres so if your connection goes to Cristobal via a different route this will be excellent.

Santa Clara Baptisims 1728-1861 by Tomas D. Martinez (new extraction book just released back in June)

Jose Macario Torres (pg. 238)
Born: 1-14-1859  Vecinos de San Jose de Chama (Modern Day Hernandez, NM)
Baptized: 1-18-1859
Parents: Jose de Jesus Torres and Maria Manuela Garcia
Paternal Grandparents: Salvador Antonio Torres and Maria Magdalena Alejabu
Maternal Grandparents: Estevan Garcia and Maria Dolores Mestas
Padrinos: Antonio Tomas Salazar and Maria Aniceta Herrera

Jose de Jesus Torres (pg. 239)
Born: 1-28-1819  Vecinos de Plaza de San Francisco (Modern Day El Duende, Hernandez, NM)
Baptized: 10-31-1819
Parents: Salvador Antonio Torres and Maria Magdalena Alejabu
Paternal Grandparents: Antonio Torres and Maria Antonia Simona Tafoya
Maternal Grandparents: Jose Alejabu and Maria Antonia Lopez
Padrinos: Jose Rafael Trujillo and Maria Josefa Trujillo

Salvador Antonio Torres (pg. 238)
Born: 4-1-1786  Vecinos de San Jose de Chama (Modern Day Hernandez, NM)
Baptized: 4-9-1786
Parents: Antonio Torres and Maria Antonia Simona Tafoya
Paternal Grandparents: ?
Maternal Grandparents: ?
Padrinos: Juan Bautista Vasquez and Augustina Morano de Chamita.
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:42:12 PM »

Hi, Leonard.

Your pedigree has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/torres/pats

Carrie
bamphaknee

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 06:10:08 AM »

Hi my name is Anthony Torres and looking for family in San Sebastian Puerto Rico
Starting with my oldest

Ricardo Torres born in Portugal abt 1800, married to Damiana Salas

Jose Ramon Torres Salas  abt 1830 San Sebastian PR, married to Teresa Gonzalez De la Cruz

Segismundo Torres Gonzalez 1853 San Sebastian PR, married to Ziola Aviles Pagan Manati PR

Andres Segismundo Torres Aviles 1873 San Sebastian PR, married to Pilar Rodriguez Hernandez from Aguada PR born in 1875

Andres Segismundo Torres Rodriguez 1895 San Sebastian PR, married to Maria Acevedo Marquez San Sebastian born 1901
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 01:26:43 PM »

Hi, Anthony.

Your pedigree has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/torres/pats

Carrie
inspvis

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 04:09:21 PM »

Kit#151004

Most Distant Ancestor: Jorge TORRES (Birth: 20 Feb 1915
Death: 15 May 1994?) Puerto Rico
his son was Juan Orlando TORRES  (8 Oct 1949 - 16 May 2003) Canóvanas,
Puerto Rico
his sons are Juan Vidal LOPEZ *mother's birth name (b:4 Jan 1985- ) and Jesus Orlando TORRES (b:18 Feb 1983) Bronx, NY
Juan Vidal's son is Juan Vidal Gabriel LOPEZ (b:7 Oct 2008)[/b]

I am the family's genealogist and Juan Vidal's wife Marcy BAEZ LOPEZ
We currently reside in Maryland
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:09:53 PM by inspvis » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.