World Families Forums - Thompson and Welch

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2014, 07:11:05 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'W'
| | |-+  Welch
| | | |-+  Thompson and Welch
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thompson and Welch  (Read 1531 times)
CelticEvie

« on: March 09, 2008, 02:22:58 AM »

Hi,

I have been a member here for awhile, and have my Thompson info posted.
I have learned new stuff and now found this Welch forum. I will start with giving as
much of my info in my Thompson and Welch Families:

My father was Herbert C. Thompson b. 1930 Spfld, OH d. 1980 he was the son of
Harvey Thompson b. 1899 Claiborne Co. TN d. 1971, mother was Rosa P. Rice b. 1901
Harvey was the son of:
       Lewis Anderson Thompson b. 1862 Hancock Co. TN and Nancy Irene Welch b.
1872 Claiborne Co.? TN. both died months apart in 1940. Nancy's line will be below!
Lewis's parents:
        Wm. Harvey Thompson b. 1838 Hancock Co. TN d. ? and Manerva Howell b. abt 1840
Lee Co. VA. Wm's parent's:
         Lewis/Louis Thompson b. 1813? VA m. Sarah(Sallie) Gilbert b. abt 1821? VA

Nancy Irene Welch parents:
William Welch b. 1839 Powell Valley, TN d. 1889?TN. and Mary Elizabeth Brooks b. 1843 TN
d. 1915 TN .  Parents of William:
        John Welch b.1818 or 1814 in VA? d.1883  m. Susannah Brooks b. 1818 NC? d. 1897

The reason I have so little info is that another Welch family is claiming our info is theirs!
A file was sent to my Welch line yrs ago stating the parents of John was Joseph Welch b. 1798
VA? and Sarah Harbison. They claim that the info we have from William back is theirs and that
the nice folks at the CCPP mixed up the John's, which is probably what happened, but repeated
request for the families to work together to sort this out has been ignored, so I am attempting to
do this with out their help and am very much interested in the Welch DNA Project. I am in contact
with the descendants of Nancy Welch brother and would like to find out all I can before we start
raising the money for a male donor of this line!

Evie 
damian07

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 09:33:41 AM »

Descendants of Major John Welsh

1     Major John Welsh   1605 - 1686
....      +Mary WYATT   
........   2     Benjamin Welsh   1675 -
..............      +Elizabeth Nicholsen   
...................   3     Richard Welsh   1702 - 1772
.........................      +Charity (Twin) Jacob   
.............................   4     John Welsh   1728 - 1803
...................................      +Mary   1732 -
........................................   5     Richard Welsh   1765 -
........................................   5     John Welsh   1767 -
........................................   5     Samuel Welsh   1769 -
........................................   5     Benjamin Welsh   1771 -
........................................   5     Jacob Welsh   1775 - 1850
..............................................      +Mary Steen   1786 -
..................................................   6     Fredrick Steinrod Welsh   1808 - 1885
........................................................      +Susannah Barnhart   1815 -
.............................................................   7     George W. Welch   1831 - 1902
...................................................................      +Rebecca Jane Eveland   1849 - 1917
........................................................................   8     Syrenus Welch   1873 - 1901
..............................................................................      +Etta Bruney   
........................................................................   8     Nathan George Welch   1876 - 1946
..............................................................................      +Altie Ora Pritchard   
..................................................................................   9     May Ester Welch   
........................................................................................      +Floyd Lewis Lizana   
........................................................................   8     Otis Welch   1880 -
.............................................................      *2nd Wife of George W. Welch:   
...................................................................      +Nancy Sowers   1835 -
........................................................................   8     Ellsworth Welch   1862 -
........................................................................   8     William Welch   
........................................................................   8     Mary A. Welch   1854 -
........................................................................   8     John William Welch   1856 - 1929
..............................................................................      +Nancy Elizabeth Welch   
........................................................................   8     James S. Welch   1858 - 1933
..............................................................................      +Sarah (Sally) Elizabeth Plummer   1853 - 1921

James and Sarah (Plummer) Welch are my ggg-grandparents
FROMVA

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 07:50:56 PM »

New member. my family has an Owen Gilllaspie married a Elizabeth  Welch on 1833 Floyd co Va. This data on line with floyd co Va marriages

Also, A john and Nancy Thompson's daughter Mary Elizabeth Thompson married a George Henry Gillaspie(this name is spelled various ways) records at Floyd co Va on line marriage records. Our family records refer to her as "Lizzie" as her nickname.  Owen and Elizabeth (Welch) are the parents of George Henry and reflected on the marriage record at Floyd Co Va. (FCVA)

I'm trying to find the father of John Thompson who is cited as living in Franklin co Va on the marriage record for their daughter Mary Elizabeth Thompson who married George Henry Gillaspie...Need to trace this John Thompson's family.
Any information on the John Thompson family or this Elizabeth Welch would be appreciated.  Floyd/Franklin/ or connecting VA counties.
I am willing to work with you...This is the earliest dates I have for the Thompson's and Welch in my family in VA. 

I know that Owen and Elizabeth (Welch) Gillaspie stayed in the Floyd and Franklin co area and raised their family....Owen /Elizabeth  my ggg grandparents.  I don't know much about the Welch's.  Welch is the name on court record at Floyd   
thank you
FROMVA
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 19 queries.