World Families Forums - Issues with World Families Network or WFN Forum - post here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 09:59:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Notify us of a Problem
| | |-+  Issues with World Families Network or WFN Forum - post here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Issues with World Families Network or WFN Forum - post here  (Read 4127 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: January 26, 2005, 08:32:44 PM »

If you run into a problem using any of our features or have an idea for improvements, we'd like to know about them.? Please post here, by selecting "Reply"? Terry
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 02:38:09 AM »

I just fixed a problem that might have been preventing some people from posting.
MichaelSC

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 11:56:05 AM »

The index page takes too long to load.? I can bookmark a specific board, like Y-haplogroups or General Discussion, to go directly to it.? But if I login, it then takes me back to the big index page.? If you can't change the login script to not go to the main index, one way around the issue would be to move all the surname boards to subindexes (if the software supports it) by alphabet (A, B, C links only on the main index page, then all A surnames on the A index page, etc.)? This is exactly what Rootsweb does.?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 11:57:39 AM by MichaelSC » Logged
Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 03:11:05 AM »

I just made the Family Forum section on the index page "collapsable."  Click on the arrow to the left of "Family forums" and they will disappear.  I don't know if that will improve load times, but it might help.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I have a fast computer and internet connection and had not noticed the problem you are experiencing.  I'll look into what else can be done though.

-Biscuits
zoanna burton
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 12:42:58 AM »

I am not able to log in 1st problem.

Posted my pedigree (Eaton) and it does not look like anything I posted.Do not know how to fix it.Also it says I am a guest.

Sign in zoflo     password   doll

Ordered my dna sent to Walt Eaton assume that it was sent and I thank you.

Thank you for your time.
Zoanna Eaton Burton

Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 06:53:12 PM »

Zoanna, I am sorry that you had problems with the log in and posting.  I tried your information, and it doesn't work for me either.  You'll need to register again, I hope it will work this time.  If you register before you post your pedigree, you will be able to edit your own posting.

There are two pages for the Eaton Pedigree Forum.  Please check and make sure that you were looking at the right information.  Here is the link to the pedigree page:

http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?topic=2039.15

In the lower left corner are the page numbers.  There is a 1 and a 2.

Glad you got your DNA tests underway.  I hope it does everything that you hope.

Teri

Tom Luce

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 05:36:13 PM »

My new LUCE/LUSE Surname DNA Project doesn't seem to be listed on your website. Also can't seem to be able to upload the registration form requesting website space. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Tom Luce
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/luce/lusesurnamednaproject/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 07:46:43 PM by Tom Luce » Logged
tweingart

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 06:56:01 PM »

I registered my Surname Project, Weingart.  This surname does show up when it is searched.

However, when I registered I believe that I had clicked "Yes" for the "Do you need a Free 6-page website foran existing DNA project?" question.  Does this forum provide web-pages?

If so, how do I "activate" them.  My project is with Family Tree DNA.  I notice that other projects at FTDNA have WFN-style web-pages.  I am  just curious how one goes about this.  Thanks for any help.

- Tom Weingart

Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 07:40:41 PM »

The Luce and Weingart project 6 page sites have been set up at World Families Network.  I hope they help your project grow.  Terry
D.Hayward
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 04:53:44 AM »

The Hayward surname under Family Names in the directory has been incorrectly allocated to Roen and doesnt go anywhere.
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 01:20:15 PM »

Sorry, I can't replicate this.  Can you please give me the url where this is occurring?  Thanks,  Terry
Corey Husted

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 11:59:26 AM »

Not being especially tech-saavy it may just be that I am confused or missing something.  If there really are no Surname Boards on this site yet for HANNIGAN and WATERHOUSE, how can they be started so I can contribute some pedigree informatiion ?

Is it possible to post dna markers in connection with specific surname boards ?
Laura Dague

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 02:59:43 PM »

New member Phenpillinfo just posted a loss ad...do you have a way to filter unwanted ads on this site?
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 03:25:13 PM »

Right now, I am simply deleting them.  I am about to make folks register before posting.  That should cut it way down.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.