BURTON Family Pedigrees

(1/8) > >>

Libby Siskron:
We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for this Surname.   Our Surname Project is primarily interested in your Paternal line, as surnames are passed down from father to son, just as the yDNA is passed down. 

If you ARE A MEMBER of this Surname Project at Family Tree DNA, send your pedigree by email to lsiskron@juno.com .  The pedigree will then be posted on the Surname Project's Patriarchs Page.

Please include the following:  (If you have more information you would like to share, you may also post a more extended version of your family pedigree on the project website’s Pedigree Forum below)
•       Name of project
•       Kit Number
•       Name of person posting pedigree
•       Email address to be posted with pedigree
•       Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse of Earliest Known Ancestor
•       List each succeeding generation, using only those four items of information (or substitute another item of information if missing an item)

If you are NOT A MEMBER of this Surname Project at Family Tree DNA, you are welcome to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum below.  We hope an interested researcher will see it and contact you to share information.

To post on this Pedigree Forum:
1.  Register and log in at www.worldfamilies.net.
(How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/register)
(I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered)
2.  When you have logged in, scroll to the last posting on this forum, click "reply" and post your pedigree.
a.  Please do not include names for anyone born after 1910, to protect privacy.
b.  If you have questions or are unable to post your pedigree on this forum, please contact mari@worldfamilies.net

For a step-by-step guide to using DNA for genealogy, please read DNA the Smart Way www.worldfamilies.net/smart

JaniceMauldinCastleman:

Hutchins Burton m. Susanna Watson Allen March 16, 1718/19 New Kent Co., VA
Charles Burton m. Mary Hunt March 10, 1750/51 Goochland Co., VA
David Burton m. Esther Thomson c1798 SC
John A. Burton m. Liddia Partillia ?Fortenberry? c1839 AL
Mary E. Burton m. James Franklin Stanford c1866 AL
Nancy Elizabeth Stanford m. John Cochran May 07, 1890 Rosser, Kaufman, TX
Emma Francis Cochran (my grandmother) m. Lewis Marshall Fisher Sept 29, 1917 Kaufman Co., TX

Marilyn Teaff Barton:
Hi, Janice.  Your pedigree is posted.  Hope you are part of the DNA project.
Marilyn
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/b/burton/pats.html

E. H. Lepiarczyk:
I.  William Burton (c1759 VA-1814 KY) and Elizabeth (c1761 VA-<1828 KY).
II.  Arthur Burton (1794 VA-1855 KY) and Elizabeth Tarter (c1794 VA-1883 KY).
III.  James Madison Burton (1818 KY-1897 KY) m Elizabeth Harmon (c1820 KY-1858 KY).
IV.  Chrisley Burton (1853 KY-1939 KY) m Priscilla Elizabeth Harmon (1857 MO-1932 KY).
V.  Effie Burton (1896 KY-1987 KY) m Daniel Marion Grider (1888 KY-1949 KY).
VI.  Katherine Louise Grider m Gerhard Lepiarczyk.
VII.  Erwin Heinrich Lepiarczyk II.

Gerre Engard Byrd:
Jeremiah/James/J. J./Jarat/Jerry BURTON b: abt 1816 SC; d: abt 1905; married #1 Millie MOORE 1836 Rabun Co., GA
  Jacob Silas BURTON b: 1843; d: 1920 OK;  m: Nancy Minerva CARNES (dau of A. J. CARNES & Hannah RUSSELL)
      Virgil Anderson BURTON b: 1869 Rabun Co., GA; d: 1938 OK; m: Effie Mariah HALL (dau of Amos Kilpatrick HALL & America BLACK
          Virgie Lucille "Virginia" BURTON b: 1913 Ottawa Co., OK; d: 1988 GA; m: Marion Watson ENGARD

I have been searching for 30 years for the parents of Jeremiah BURTON.  He resided Rabun Co., GA along the Tallulah River from the time of his first marriage until after the 1900 census.  Jeremiah's second wife was Edy RAMEY, and his third wife was Sarah JUSTICE.

Jeremiah's kids married ARRENDALE, TILLY, WHITMIRE, WORLEY, TEEM, KIRBY, & IVESTER

Millie MOORE's parents were Tavenor MOORE & Katherine DAVIS.  Tavenor was a son of John Parker MOORE who was living in Macon Co., NC when he died mid 1800's.

Please contact me if you have any interest in these surnames from Rabun Co., GA.

Gerre Byrd
ggengard@comcast.net

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page