World Families Forums - a ggggggrandson of a stone mason in longford ireland

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 05:48:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Y-Haplogroups
| | |-+  a ggggggrandson of a stone mason in longford ireland
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: a ggggggrandson of a stone mason in longford ireland  (Read 3490 times)
caradoc

« on: January 19, 2005, 05:08:11 PM »

a ggggggrandson of a  stone mason in longford ireland who eventually had his clan migrate to chelsea ma.. i am doing the geneaology of chelsea,revere, winthrop ma  .i got my dna tested and i am e3b1
i also do denning dever and cogan in mass. .
If you ever researched DENNING you soon come to the knowledge that it varried greatly due to the way people pronounced the dnng sometime dropping the g an n changing vowels
In an effort to solve this puzzle for genealogists i enlisted genetics which would not deviate that way
so i started the denning and variants project we have 7 member i alone stand apart i am a eb3 which is
E3b This haplogroup is believed to have evolved in the Middle East. It expanded into the Mediterranean during the Pleistocene Neolithic expansion. It is currently distributed around the Mediterranean, southern Europe, and in north and east Africa.

i happen to have 48 matches and 24 are askenazi jews the 1st 12 markers are deeply related to jewish lines in beloruss.
people who know told me that was long ago.
so in a effort to find participants i posted some posts about the devant way the names have changed in any name derived from dnn[g] such as denig and dennenberg
well i entered the danan board and low and behold there were people questioning why the name is Jewish or Christian and some were fillipino. which i had some matches to so i posted my genetic results on my ethnic origins today and why i think this all happened at least it could of happened this way

Re: Jewish - Christian? How could that be? why ?

When the normans invade england they imported shephardic jews to run england. if you ever read ivanhoe, rebeccas family was one of those and the father raised the money to ransom richard the lionhearted to return and dethrone john who was going to kill his daughter . i imagine after time maybe they converted and a jewish name which could originally be dannenberg was not pleasent to have being christian so they adapted to the more english DANAN DENNIN then DENNING
People have a great tendency to mispronounce it and it evoled
i would like to invite as many of you as wnt to be tested
please contact me for details on how we can prove this
caradoc28@aol.com
E3b This haplogroup is believed to have evolved in the Middle East. It expanded into the Mediterranean during the Pleistocene Neolithic expansion. It is currently distributed around the Mediterranean, southern Europe, and in north and east Africa.

Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 02:12:30 AM »

Interesting.  Did you have any suspicion of your possible roots before doing DNA testing?
jim hol

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 03:00:44 PM »

I wonder if the spelling differences might be somewhat resolved should any of us researching our English history  have  access to  the ancient "Doomsday" Book in the London archives.? My surname is Holloway, and I've heard that in this text the spelling is completely different and appears to be almost Germanic/Jewish.  Something like Holloweig.  Perhaps you might find an answer to the Denning spelling there.  I also saw a trace of Shepardic? in my tests--your explanation might well explain that question as well.  I had no idea concerning that aspect of English history. 
coaster1001

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 12:12:49 AM »

HI
If you are interested in the history of Jewish financiers, in Britain, in the past, you should read up on, Isaac of York, a moneylender in the city of York, who financed & underwrote quite a few military campaigns, of English monarchs, of his era.
garysmith1405

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 03:33:49 PM »

As a friendly note, for research sake, that string of 'gs' can be reduced to '5th great grandfather'.
  Warm wishes,
           Gary in Berkeley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.