World Families Forums - Lewis (or Louis) CRAGOW marriage to Anna BARTON

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 01:59:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'B'
| | |-+  Barton (Moderator: Terry Barton)
| | | |-+  Lewis (or Louis) CRAGOW marriage to Anna BARTON
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lewis (or Louis) CRAGOW marriage to Anna BARTON  (Read 24 times)
steade craigo

« on: October 27, 2014, 03:36:53 AM »

Hello,

I am new to this website and seeking information and or advice.  Very recently, I have begun searching through colonial records in VA, MD, and PA for information regarding Thomas CRAGOW and his wife, Margaret SEATON.  They were living in Berkeley County, VA c. 1732 when a second son, John, was born.  He married Cassandra BEESON in 1753.  Possibly, their first son, Lewis or Louis CRAGOW, is from an earlir marriage of  Thomas Cragow.

Lewis  or Louis CRAGOW married Anne BARTON c 1745 or so, (Most likely, their marriage was in VA, maybe also in Berkeley County.), and in 1745, they moved to Philadelphia, PA.  Later they moved to Cumberland County, PA.  They are had five known children:  James, b.1749; John, b. 1757, William, b.?; and Mary, b.?.

Just recently, I found a documented marriage of William CRAGOW and Mary PARKER in Philadelphia, PA; 4 November 1777. Possibly, this William is the son of Lewis and Anne Barton Cragow.  This fine caused me to given this suspect genealogy more credence.   

If anyone has come across the marriage of Anne Barton and Lewis (Louis) Cragow, please let me know.  I have found mention of a Craigo and Crago across the Potomac River, 18th century MD.  We have a record of a James Crago arriving in VA during 1670s.

Thanks,  and I apologize for this narrative,

Steade

Steade
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 19 queries.