World Families Forums - Britton DNA Project Offers Free Test

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 11, 2014, 10:34:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'B'
| | |-+  Britton (Moderator: Lindsey Britton)
| | | |-+  Britton DNA Project Offers Free Test
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Britton DNA Project Offers Free Test  (Read 1096 times)
LPlantagenet

« on: October 23, 2007, 04:04:49 PM »

I will reimburse the first person who is a close match to my family on the 43 marker test, who can prove his English ancestry back to the 17th century, and who can provide evidence leading to the discovery of the ancestors of John Britton of Henrico Co., VA.,  bc 1672/3.

Lindsey Briton
Administrator of the Britton DNA Project

Project is now open at DNA Heritage:

http://www.dnaheritage.com/surnameform.asp?GroupUnique=847878844&Surname=Britton

It will also be available at Ancestry by the end of the year.
SDHorais

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 03:48:02 PM »

I'm desperate to find the parentage of John Britton born in NY in 1755.

John Britton b. 1755 Long Island NY; m Isabel Rice; fought in Revolutionary War; d. Atlas MI 1846

John's son, William Britten b 1791 Gettysburg PA; changed spelling of name; m Margaret Shuman Sept 1814 in Niagara Co NY; d 1865 Genesee Co MI

William's son, John b Dec 1815 Clarence, Niagara Co NY; m Sophia Blocher May 1856; d Dec 1900 Pontiac, Oakland Co MI; had 8 children

William's son William Mathias b Oct 1857 Atlas, Genesee Co MI. William Mathias was one of my great-grandmother's brothers.

According to family tradition, John Britton b 1755 was the son of an English nobleman and a Welsh woman. I'm assuming Welsh woman had a name but I suspect that she was probably nor married to John's father. Supposedly, John was well cared for, having a personal servant, and well educated. He later served in the Continental Army, seeing action at Germantown and Brandywine.

I would appreciate any information from anyone on John's forebears. Thanks.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.