World Families Forums - Other Surnames with Cantrell DNA

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 05:02:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'C'
| | |-+  Cantrell (Moderator: cantrellAdmin)
| | | |-+  Other Surnames with Cantrell DNA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Other Surnames with Cantrell DNA  (Read 1226 times)
archaeoamy

« on: November 15, 2008, 02:19:39 AM »

My earliest known ancestor, David Phillips, was born 1755 in Orange co., NC.  His dna does not match his documented uncle; however, it DOES match the Cantrell dna, with the exception of marker 458 (a value of 15 instead of 16).  We think (though not absolutely proven) David's mother might be Elizabeth Tomlin, d. 1810 in Rockingham co., NC.

After doing further investigation we found that John and Isaac Cantrell were living in Orange co., NC, as early as 1754 (land grant/survey on Country Line Creek), just one year prior to my ancestor's birth. 

If anyone has any information on the Cantrells on Country Line Creek in Orange (now Caswell/Rockingham) counties, NC., please contact me. 

I am also investigating the possibility of David's mother knowing the Cantrells in Frederick co., VA.  If anyone knows of any instances where Phillips show up in documents with Cantrells, I would be interested in discussing that also.

Thank you,

Amy
GlennP

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 05:34:27 PM »

Amy,
I see that your post was entered in 2008 so I may be a little too late in contacting you, but I am a new member to this DNA business. This spring (2012), I finally did the cheek swab as a part of the Debenham group. Like you I have found some surprises. If you're still out there somewhere in cyberspace, I'd like to share what little information I have.
glennd46@hotmail.com
Glenn Paul Cantrell
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 19 queries.