World Families Forums - Thomas Chappell, son of Captain John

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 01:27:53 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'C'
| | |-+  Chappell (Moderator: chappellAdmin)
| | | |-+  Thomas Chappell, son of Captain John
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thomas Chappell, son of Captain John  (Read 213 times)
EsmeEsther

« on: September 12, 2013, 12:12:11 PM »

Hi everyone, I was looking over your pedigrees. I wanted to tell you when I add a family member to my page on ancestry.com, I always add the individual's siblings. My ancestry.com page is Borders42. It is public. It may be that some of you can pick up on you lines by looking at my chappells since I have siblings listed. Not everyone puts all the siblings on their page but I do because you never know what kind of connection you might make.

One of my chappell cousins,  she works at the dar in Kentucky and has a lot of information because at least one and likely more of them were revolutionary war soldiers. Many of you may be eligible to apply to DAR or SAR (daughters and sons) of the American revolution. I have never applied and it is a detailed process.  My chappells were closely associated with my mothers paternal line of johnsons. Several Johnsons/Chappells married each other both males and females of both lines. Some did move further west locating in Kansas/Nebraska/Texas areas. I think one was Chappell TX. My mother has talked with some of the local residents in that town. So holler back, if I can help you, I will.

On my ancestry.com page, I have some pics of tombstones of some of them. One of the women is actually buried in the cemetery across the street from my house here in Elkton, KY.

I also have a scanned pic of the Parish book of St. Mary's where Captain John Chappell is buried in Whitechapel, London England. He did not stay here but returned to England. His son Thomas is the original emigrant. As I understand it, Captain John was master of the Speedwell, sister ship to the Mayflower. I have saved that whole story on the media, pictures page of my ancestry.com. trees. Have a look see.  I have several surnames listed. Look under the Peter Borders tree page to find the Chappells. There are some Chappells living here in this area; however, I have not contacted any of them yet. My email address is nborders123@gmail.com later, Naomi

Naomi M. Borders
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.