World Families Forums - Christie Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 11, 2014, 09:59:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'C'
| | |-+  Christie (Moderator: christieAdmin)
| | | |-+  Christie Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christie Family Pedigrees  (Read 3256 times)
christieAdmin

« on: January 04, 2005, 12:35:55 AM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Christie Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1.  Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

E
mail address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
                 Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
                 N
ame, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct  male line).

2.  Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

1. You must be logged in to post on this forum.
    How do I register to post a pedigree?
    I've already registered. How do I log in?

2.  Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.

3. Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.

4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line.  Please post only the information for each generation:

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information) 

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:

o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor

o        Begin with the earliest generation

o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc

o        Try to keep to one line per generation

o        Include only generations that have this family surname

o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider

o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant

o        Use surname with each generation

o        Don’t use all caps

o        Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.

o        Don’t number the generations 

Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".    

If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time. 

Cookiely

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 08:18:55 PM »

FAMILY PEDIGREE - Rosemarie Benefield - gopepper1 AT hotmail.com
Robert Christie b. 1820 GA or SC d. 1907 Columbia Co. FL m. c1864 in GA Elizabeth Wheeler
Charles J. Christie b. 1866 GA d. 1935 Hamilton Co. FL m  c1884 Martha A. Davis
Robert Charles Christie b. 1886 Columbia Co. FL d.1936 Gadsden Co. FL m. 1926 Sallie Allen
William Edward Christie b. 1929 Lacoochee, FL d 1994 Hillsborough Co. FL
DonFSchmidt

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 10:00:37 PM »

Hello,

I am a descendent of the Benjamin Cooley family from Massachusetts. I am trying to verify my line by DNA testing. I have noticed a Cooley DNA result in the Nordic and Celtic (Iberian) group. Does anyone know this Cooley person? Are there additional Cooley DNA results that I am not aware of? I could not locate a "Cooley" webpage at Family Tree DNA. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Don Schmidt
Buffalo, NY
dschmidt@adelphia.net
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 12:11:50 PM »

Hi, Cookiely.  Your pedigree has been posted to the patriarch page:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/c/christie/pats.html

Carrie
sufoog

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 10:47:28 PM »

Our family was CHRISTIERNIN ,changed to Christie when my grandfather came e to Brooklyn from Sweden,and then changed to Christy...would we be any relation? ....jill
Cathie Crawford

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 12:57:21 PM »

Pedigree for Cathie Crawford   catcraw@q.com

Jesse Christie, b c 1750, Halifax, NC, m Julia Dorthia James

Thomas Christie, b c 1772, Halifax, NC, m Kathleen Hervey

Zachariah Christie, b c 1794 NC, m Mourning Drake

Thomas Hervey Christie, b Oct 1834, Halifax NC, m Martha Barfield

Russell Aubrey Christie, b Nov 26, 1867, Halifax NC, m Ethel Mary Adams

Russell Aubrey Christie, b Apr 7, 1900, Newport News VA, m Reba Mozingo

CATCRAW

Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 01:31:31 PM »

Hi, Cathie.

Your pedigree has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/christie/pats

Carrie
Wayne Roberts

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »

Hello,

I have sent in the Pedigree for our Christie family in Australia. The name was originally Christensen from Rudkobing, Langeland, Denmark. After three brothers, Carl, Julius and Harald Christensen immigrated to the Colony of Queensland in the 1870s they were called the Christie brothers. They swapped between the surnames Christensen and Christie on various records. The youngest of the three Harald Edward went to California around 1879, married Mary Regan and they eventually settled at Klamath Falls, Oregon where they used the surnames Christensen, Christie and Christy on various records such as census, birth etc.

Julius and his wife Christine had to return to Rudkobing in 1889 as she was very ill and died there in 1890. He remarried and produced a large family. Julius and another brother Marius Georg, retained the name Christensen there in Denmark. Carl and his wife Hansine and family adopted the name Christie from 1891 onwards so the family name in Australia is Christie. Harald and family in the USA adopted the family name of Christy.

The Y-DNA for this Christie/Christy/Christensen family is Haplogroup I1 and more precisely I-P109 tested with both 23andMe and FTDNA for Stewart Wade Christie, my first cousin. I'm not sure when his pedigree will be posted to the Christie Patriarch page.

Regards
Wayne Roberts

My ROBERTS Y-DNA Haplogroup is I2 (M223) [Roots], back to Lurgan, County Armagh, Ireland late 1700s.
My mtDNA Haplogroup is U5b2a back to Berkshire, England in early 1700s.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.