World Families Forums - World Families becomes preferred provider for Family Tree DNA

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 09:32:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Questions and News Articles of the Week
| | |-+  World Families becomes preferred provider for Family Tree DNA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Families becomes preferred provider for Family Tree DNA  (Read 2730 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: January 03, 2005, 11:18:30 PM »

January 3, 2005

Today, World Families Network is pleased to announce its Preferred Provider Partnership with Family Tree DNA.?

As a first step in this partnership, World Families Network has launched a number of Surname Family DNA Projects for those surnames, which haven't previously started a project at FTDNA.? This service provides a project for those who have been waiting for one to join.? ?

As a part of this process, we'll seek and develop Co-Administrators, provide a web site and provide technical support.? We'll do some recruiting, but will also ask those who join to help in this effort, as it increases their commitment and involvement, as well as helping the project.?

Our approach is to merge traditional genealogy and dna testing - and the websites are built on supporting that philosophy.? We offer every interested researcher in the family name a chance to post their family information, headed by Earliest Known Ancestor, and tagged with the name and email address of an interested researcher.? (There is no DNA participation requirement to post family information)

We also note the family of each DNA participant by marking a Participant number next to the family represented in the test.? (The Researcher listing for the family may or may not be the DNA Test Representative.)

Projects include our own Ancestral Names, Barton family Collateral Names, and families where we have no known relationship.? A number of the projects have been started after conversations with family and friends identified one or more of their ancestral families with no Surname Project.? As a part of our work, we'll be glad to start a project for one or more of your Ancestral Families.? (Just let us know the name)? ?You can work with as Co-Admin, provide some ad-hoc recruiting with researchers you know, or simply provide your family pedigree and then "hope" for others to step forward and do the work.

If we have started a project you wanted to run, let's talk.?

We hope that you'll welcome this as a further blossoming of Surname DNA Project studies.

WFN_Editor
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 08:26:30 PM by terry » Logged
Dorothy Edwards Tredwell
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 10:35:58 PM »

I am very interested in dna search since I cannot locate any of my father's family and have been searching for years.
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 10:57:29 PM »

Dorothy, if you will either reigister, so that I have your email address or if you will send me an email, I'll be glad to try to help you.  There is an Edwards Surname Project at Family Tree DNA and there is also one using Relative Genetics.  The url for the Family Tree DNA project is listed below.  (I don't have the url for the one at RG).

Edwards DNA Project

Terry
Barbara Fitzsenry
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 06:47:03 PM »

Terry: ?I have posted a little of my own personal Eaton family pedigree, but I am the web editor/web master for The Eaton Families Association which works with public and private members throughout the world. ?There are several people within our member group who are interested in a DNA project, although we have tried to encourage one for the entire association. ?Does the Eaton DNA project have a specific administrator as yet or would we have to ask one of our group to step forward. ?I may be able to get several of our members to participate, but I'm not sure if they are ready to run the show. ?One gentleman in particular is interested, George Eaton, of Ireland has asked me repeatedly about getting involved in an Eaton DNA project, assuming I would start the ball rolling. ?Please feel free to email me at b.fitzsenry@comcast.net or answer here accordingly. ?Thanks for your assistance.
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 09:51:04 PM »

Barbara, I quickly visited your Eaton site.  Wow.  You have put a lot of love and care into it.

As far as the Eaton DNA Project goes, I am the Project Admin until the right person comes along.   I would propose that we first seek 1 or 2 co-admins who will help primarily with the recruitment and the interpreting of pedigrees, resolution of conflicts, etc.  I can run the DNA Project website until we get a volunteer for that.  I'll be glad to provide the results interpretation as long as needed.

Have George or any of the others click through the Eaton DNA Project site to order a kit, as they are much cheaper through a project than when purchased at "retail".  I would suggest the 25 or 37 marker test for all who can afford it.  The url is listed below.

Terry
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/e/eaton/
Genevieve
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 03:16:17 PM »

I'm interested in a DNA for Cochran/Cockram.  My brother agrees to this.  What's next?
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 12:08:28 AM »

Hi Genevieve.? You can go to the FTDNA site and order your brother's test.? Be sure to put your email address in as one of the contacts.? Terry

Our website is at:? http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/c/cochran/

You can go here to place your order: http://www.familytreedna.com/DNAList.asp?Group=Cochran
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 17 queries.