World Families Forums - Clewis Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 11:30:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'C'
| | |-+  Clewis (Moderator: clewisAdmin)
| | | |-+  Clewis Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clewis Family Pedigrees  (Read 2782 times)
clewisAdmin

« on: January 03, 2005, 10:42:59 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for this Surname.   Our Surname Project is primarily interested in your Paternal line, as surnames are passed down from father to son, just as the yDNA is passed down. 

If you ARE A MEMBER of this Surname Project at Family Tree DNA, send your pedigree by email to WorldFamilies.net at mari@worldfamilies.net.  The pedigree will then be posted on the Surname Project's Patriarchs Page by Worldfamilies.net or sent to the Project’s Administrator.

Please include the following:  (If you have more information you would like to share, you may also post a more extended version of your family pedigree on the project website’s Pedigree Forum below)
•       Name of project
•       Kit Number
•       Name of person posting pedigree
•       Email address to be posted with pedigree
•       Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse of Earliest Known Ancestor
•       List each succeeding generation, using only those four items of information (or substitute another item of information if missing an item)

If you are NOT A MEMBER of this Surname Project at Family Tree DNA, you are welcome to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum below.  We hope an interested researcher will see it and contact you to share information.

To post on this Pedigree Forum:
1.  Register and log in at www.worldfamilies.net.
(How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/register)
(I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered)
2.  When you have logged in, scroll to the last posting on this forum, click "reply" and post your pedigree.
a.  Please do not include names for anyone born after 1910, to protect privacy.
b.  If you have questions or are unable to post your pedigree on this forum, please contact mari@worldfamilies.net

For a step-by-step guide to using DNA for genealogy, please read DNA the Smart Way www.worldfamilies.net/smart

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:21:01 AM by Marilyn Teaff Barton » Logged
paulclewis

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 03:01:32 PM »

As a VERY new member to this forum, I have come here via a search on my fairly unusual (and seemingly rare) surname. The origin of the "Clewis" family name has been something of a mystery for us since I can remember. We have typically accepted the point of its basic origin as being Wales (something I was able to only scantily confrim when visiting there on business some years ago). Beyond this we have noted the town name "Clewiston" in Florida, and little else. In any case, I remain interested in learning more about the history and origins of this surname, and I welcome input from all those who are kind emough to expand my family's familiarity with same.

Greetings and Thanks to All Those Named Clewis,

Robert Paul Clewis
Houston, TX
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 10:32:17 PM »

Robert, hello.  I have Clewis kin who came to Houston Co Texas in about 1851.  Tell me your family ancestry, as you know it.  I am guessing that you may be my kinfolk. 

Terry
Denise Cluiss
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 05:22:19 PM »

I live in Sinton, Texas and have various Cluiss relatives that live here in South Texas.
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 09:45:31 PM »

Hi Denise.  I hope that you will post your Cluiss family pedigree and get involved with our project.  How far back can you trace your family?  Is it always spelling Cluiss?  Terry
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »

From an email sent by George R. Clough [grclough51 AT yahoo.com]:

"I am still going through land records trying to get further back with proof.  I'm sure Nathaniel's father was James (of James and Ruth), and James father was also a James.  By records I've looked at I have James the elder being born about 1716 and passing away in 1771.  James the younger (of James and Ruth) I have being born about 1754 and passing about 1830.  This goes against every tree I've seen, but I'm still working on "proof".  I have a lot of circumstances that suppport this, but nothing that makes you go "Aha!"

**George's pedigree has been posted on the Clewis patriarch page: http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/clewis/pats

Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 02:11:13 PM »

From an email sent by James Clough [drdiags AT comcast.net]:

Jewel Clough, b 1933 Clarksdale MS, m Joselyn Brown

James Clough b 1955, Chicago IL, m1 Delia Porter

1. James Raymond Clough b 1980, Seattle WA

James Clough b 1955, Chicago IL, m2 Robbie Turner

2. William Clough b 1986, Seattle WA

Kit 279372
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.