World Families Forums - COLLIER in Hoggeston, Buckinghamshire, England

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 04:46:27 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'C'
| | |-+  Collier (Moderator: collierAdmin)
| | | |-+  COLLIER in Hoggeston, Buckinghamshire, England
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: COLLIER in Hoggeston, Buckinghamshire, England  (Read 653 times)
scottyyvr

« on: January 18, 2011, 05:53:20 PM »

On my most recent trip to Salt Lake City (Nov '10) I had a possible breakthrough on a mystery I've wondered about for well over 20 years of family research.  I found a family of COLLIERs living in the village of Hoggeston, very close to Winslow in Buckinghamshire, England, where my Thomas COLLIAR (sic) and Rebecca SCOTT had a child Thomas baptized in Winslow on Feb. 18, 1777.  (Being as there were no COLLIERs in Winslow previous to that date who matched, I began searching villages farther afield.)  I feel there is a strong probability that a Thomas COLLIER born in Hoggeston on Dec. 24, 1757 is the same father of that child, known only as Thomas SCOTT, and whose mother was Rebecca SCOTT -- obviously the child took the mother's surname, which is my own.  I have never found a record of any marriage for this couple nor any other children.  I am a direct descendant of that Thomas SCOTT whose descendants, had his parents had been married, all would have borne the surname COLLIER.  Indeed, my DNA test results point to strong matches with the COLLIER surname.  If anyone's DNA can trace to the mid-18th Century Hoggeston COLLIERs, I would dearly love to hear from them.  So... are you out there, COLLIER cousin???
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.