World Families Forums - James Finley - Looking for Findley cousins

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 03:48:50 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'F'
| | |-+  Findley (Moderator: findleyAdmin)
| | | |-+  James Finley - Looking for Findley cousins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: James Finley - Looking for Findley cousins  (Read 1034 times)
Security1

« on: June 27, 2009, 04:58:57 PM »

Hello everyone,
Someone was inquiring about a James Finley, and as a Findley who has recently become very interested in my ancestry, I have collected quite a large amount of (mostly) verifiable data.
I just this morning saw the posting for James Finley (1720-30). So I was just perusing to see how many other cousins I might find, and I came across a very interesting couple of sites, while actually looking for Martha Finley(1828-1909).
Actually I found two articles about Martha Finley; Both biography's.
 according to the second article I found, Martha's mother and father were first cousins.
Martha was born in Chillicothe, OH. in April, 1828, the daughter of Dr. James Brown Finley and Maria Theresa Brown Finley.
This article does not go on to tell that Martha's mother died when she was quite young, and her father soon remarried Martha's stepmother Mary Finley was a kind and caring woman wha always nurtured Martha's desire to learn and supported her ambition to become a writer. (which she did, and a very prolific one at that).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 20 queries.