World Families Forums - Foote Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 07:28:53 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'F'
| | |-+  Foote (Moderator: footeAdmin)
| | | |-+  Foote Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Foote Family Pedigrees  (Read 4256 times)
footeAdmin

« on: January 03, 2005, 05:22:08 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Foote Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1.  Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

E
mail address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
                 Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
                 N
ame, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct  male line).

2.  Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

1. You must be logged in to post on this forum.
    How do I register to post a pedigree?
    I've already registered. How do I log in?

2.  Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.

3. Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.

4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line.  Please post only the information for each generation:

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information) 

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:

o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor

o        Begin with the earliest generation

o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc

o        Try to keep to one line per generation

o        Include only generations that have this family surname

o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider

o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant

o        Use surname with each generation

o        Don’t use all caps

o        Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.

o        Don’t number the generations 

Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".    

If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time. 

Russell P. Baker
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 01:05:12 PM »

Edmund Baker (1789 - c1840) is though to have been Ebenezer Foote, the son of Simeon and Lovisa Bacon Foote. Family tradition says that he and an as of yet unknown brother were in the U. S. Army and killed an officer. Both then changed their names from Foote to Baker and set out for the southern frontier to hide out. Ebenezer changed his name to Edmond/Edmund Baker, Baker being his grandmother's maiden name. He ended up about 1811 in what was then Maury co., TN. Either there or on the way there, he met and married, Rebecca Phillips, who was an "Indian princess". He lived on the side of the Natchez trace, in what is now Lewis co., TN. He served in Capt. In William Creel's Co., Chatham?s Reg't of west Tennessee militia infantry in the war of 1812 as a private. He evidently saw no fighting. No evidence has been found that he or his widow applied for a pension or land grant. We have not found that he ever owned property or was mentioned in county records, except for a Maury co, tn tax records for 1817 and in a Lawrence Co., TN tax list in 1832. Warren Foote, a cousin who became a Mormon, wrote in his journal that "Ebenezer Foote went to Alabama and we never heard from him again". Two of Edmond?s children, Jonathan and James J., were born in Alabama in 1819. The recent identification of Ozro Baker, a son of Edmund Baker, who seems to be identical to the Ozro Foote who is listed in the Foote history lends much credence to the Ebenezer Edmund story. Evidence in the first Foote family history, originally published in 1849, indicates that the Foote family was still in touch with Edmund Baker and his family at that time. In 1837 he is listed in a state census of Ponatoc Co., MS. In 1840 he was living in the community of Mt. Pleasant in northern Marshall Co., MS. The date of his death in unknown but he seems to be dead before the 1850 census. His wife and most of his children are living in Columbia Co., AR by that date. His name is spelled both Edmund and Edmond.

I am seeking proof of the Baker/Foote connections.
I am descended through Edmund's son, Stephen Pelzer Baker (1815-1885), through his son Patrick Henry Baker(1845 - 1921), through his son Robert J. Baker (1876 - 1937)
Frederick Foote
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 01:19:31 AM »

Descendants of Frederick Kenneth Foote
1 Frederick Kenneth Foote 1914 - 1944
   +Thelma Theresa Strother
   2 Delores Estella Foote 1936 -
   +Rase Ennis Jones 1932 -
   3 Jeffery Lynn Jones 1958 -
   +Oneeda Taylor
   3 Brian Keith Jones 1963 -
   +Monica Oliver
   3 Lisa Carolyn Jones 1964 - *2nd Wife of Frederick Kenneth Foote:
   +Mamie A. Boyd 1922 - 1986
   2 Frederick Kenneth Foote, Jr. 1943 -
   +Kinnie-Ruth Hicks 1948 -
   3 Zenobia R. Foote 1975 -
   +Bobby Lee James
   *2nd Husband of Zenobia R. Foote:
   +Miguel A Deleon 1973 -
   4 Taylor-Rose DeLeon James Foote 1990 -
   *3rd Husband of Zenobia R. Foote:
   +Thomas McAdams
   3 Zora R. Foote 1976 -
   +Preston Adam Smith 1974 -
   4 [1] Kenneth Preston Foote-Smith 1996 -
   *2nd Husband of Zora R. Foote:
   +Colin Meadows
   4 [1] Kenneth Preston Foote-Smith 1996 -
Sonia

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 06:23:38 PM »

Greetings,

My African American Foote line was first located in Abbeville Co, SC.  However, our primogenitor Isaac's birth state was listed as VA on the 1880 census.  There is some evidence that they were enslaved under Williamson Norwood until his death in the late 1840s.   Additional info can be found at http://members.aol.com/scabbegen/family/foote.html

I descend from Leah Foote Lee.  We haven't found any direct line male descendants of Isaac b c1822 or Thomas b c1825.  A y-chromosome test has been ordered for a ggg grandson of Wade b c1833.

Isaac Foote, b c1800 MD, m Leah
     Isaac Foote, b c1822 SC, m Minda
          Dennis Foote?, b c1862 SC
          Armistead McDuffie, b c1864 SC m Mariah Johnson
          Leah Foote, b c1866 SC m David Lee
          Caroline “Callie” Foote, b c1870 SC m William Howard
          Emmaline Foote, b c1875 m John Rollinson
          Isaac Foote, b c1878 SC
     Thomas Foote, b c1825 SC, m Chainey
          Augustus Foote, b c1860 SC
          Rosetta Foote, b c1862 SC m Samuel Quales Brooks
     Wade Foote, b c1833 SC, and Lettie
          Henrietta Foote, b c1855 SC
     Wade Foote, b c1833 SC, m Mahala Ellis
          “Shinky”? Foote, b c1862 SC
           Sylvia Foote, b c1865 SC, m William Belcher
           Emmaline Foote, b c1867 SC, m ? Winn, m James Lee
           Wade Fletcher Foote, b 1870 SC, m Ellen Belcher
                Thomas Foote, b1895 SC m Vanilla
           Clark Foote, b c1874 SC, m Hattie Wright
           Thomas Foote, b c1876 SC
           Hannah Foote, b c1879 SC
           Kittie Foote, b c1882 SC m William Hester, m ? Smith   

This seems to have lost the indented formatting, so I spaced over.
Sonia

Sonia
mtDNA - L3e3
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 02:01:04 PM »

Hi, Sonia. 

Your pedigree has been added to the patriarch page:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/foote/pats

Carrie
Leonard Yarbrough
Project Coordinator

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 04:13:50 PM »

I am a Yarbrough descended from Frances Elizabeth Foote-Moore-Yarbrough-Savage.
Her linage was:
Richard Foote 1665 England - 1728 VA m Elizabeth Innes
George Foote Sr. 1706 - abt 1759 VA m Frances Berryman
Frances Elizabeth Foote 1742 Fauquier Co., VA - aft 1807, m 1) 1764 Francis Moore, Captain RS, 2) 1771 Moses Yarbrough, 3) abt 1774 Samuel Savage.

NOTE: Her cousin Elizabeth Betsy Foote was married to Luch Wahsington who was cousin to General and President George Washington.   
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 03:19:04 PM »

Hi, YarbroughAdmin.

Your pedigree has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/foote/pats

Carrie
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »

From an email sent by J. David Brandenburg [jdb AT kurbb.com]:

Kit # 174851

John Walton Foote

m. Sally Chief

Walton Gilbert Foote

m. Mary Jane Crockett, daughter of Robert Crockett and Sarah Johnson

Margaret Samaria Foote (b. Temple, Carroll County, Georgia, 29 May 1875; d. Gadsden, Etowah County, Alabama, 29 May 1954)

m. Monroe Elias Smith Browning (b. Union County, South Carolina, 25 Nov. 1871; d. Snead, Blount County, Alabama, 07 Nov. 1944)

Cornelia Pearl Browning

m. Paul Thompson

Pauline Thompson Arrington

This Foote family lived in West Georgia and in East Alabama. That is about all that I know of them. Pauline's Aunt Vera, a sister to Cornelia, published a genealogy of their family in about 1981, and that is the source of the above information. The book is Shadows of the Living by Vera C. Browning Kimball.

jveitz

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 08:43:54 AM »

Hello,

My male first cousin has done his mtDNA and we should have results soon. He and I share the same grandmother, Edith Foote. My kit number is 293317 and my cousin is kit number 299840.

My Foote line is:
   Nathaniel Foote, b. 1593, England, m. Elizabeth Deming
      Robert Foote, b. 1627, New Haven, CT, m. Sarah Potter
         Nathaniel Foote, b. 1660, Branford, CT, m. Tabitha Bishop
            Moses Foote, b. 1702, Plymouth, CT, m. Mary Byington
               Ebenezer Foote, b. 1740, Waterbury, CT, m. Rebecca Barker
                  Simeon Foote, b. 1764, West Britain, CT, m. Lovisa Bacon
                     Gideon Foote, b. 1799, Great Bend, NY, m. Lavinia Gillett
                        Simeon Foote, b. 1831, Cherry Valley, NY, m. Caroline Baker
                     Edith Foote, b. 1857, m. Edgar Ely

Veitz
magicnative@yahoo.com
mtDNA - H
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.