World Families Forums - Waddell Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 07:13:18 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'W'
| | |-+  Waddell (Moderator: Terry Barton )
| | | |-+  Waddell Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Waddell Family Pedigrees  (Read 31933 times)
Terry Barton

« on: January 02, 2005, 05:32:37 AM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for this Surname.   Our Surname Project is primarily interested in your Paternal line, as surnames are passed down from father to son, just as the yDNA is passed down. 

If you ARE A MEMBER of this Surname Project at Family Tree DNA, send your pedigree by email to WorldFamilies.net at mari@worldfamilies.net.  The pedigree will then be posted on the Surname Project's Patriarchs Page by Worldfamilies.net or sent to the Project’s Administrator.

Please include the following:  (If you have more information you would like to share, you may also post a more extended version of your family pedigree on the project website’s Pedigree Forum below)
•       Name of project
•       Kit Number
•       Name of person posting pedigree
•       Email address to be posted with pedigree
•       Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse of Earliest Known Ancestor
•       List each succeeding generation, using only those four items of information (or substitute another item of information if missing an item)

If you are NOT A MEMBER of this Surname Project at Family Tree DNA, you are welcome to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum below.  We hope an interested researcher will see it and contact you to share information.

To post on this Pedigree Forum:
1.  Register and log in at www.worldfamilies.net.
(How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/register)
(I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered)
2.  When you have logged in, scroll to the last posting on this forum, click "reply" and post your pedigree.
a.  Please do not include names for anyone born after 1910, to protect privacy.
b.  If you have questions or are unable to post your pedigree on this forum, please contact mari@worldfamilies.net

For a step-by-step guide to using DNA for genealogy, please read DNA the Smart Way www.worldfamilies.net/smart

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 04:50:03 PM by Marilyn Teaff Barton » Logged
thelma beryl criss
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 04:03:30 PM »

david hogarth waddell m. jane elizabeth nesbitt.  ist child born, david hogarth waddell, september, 1875, in county northumberland, district tynemorth, england.  emigrated to  u.s. in 1883 with david and 4 other children.  gave birth to triplet boys, john, robert, and nels, on the ship to america. sailed from eith manchester or east liverpool.  settled in virginia in what is now preston county, west virginia, scotch hill are of newberg.  more children born.  younger david m. belle elizabeth bolyard, daughter of  asbery bolyard and mary catherine williams bolyard of scotch hill area, c.1900.  david owned a string of coal mines that went dry in the early 1940's.  david and belle had 10 children, daisy tasker, david, ada simmons, pauline wilson, frank, roy, mary martin, mildred rosier, james, and thelma criss, most moved to the akron, ohio area in the late 1930' and early 1940's for employment.  i am the oldest child of thelma and howard criss and a descendant of michael and christina criss, early settlers, c. 1750, of monongalia valley, va., via henry, isaac w., rawley, isaac w., watson, and then howard.
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 04:28:51 PM »

Hi, Thelma.  I posted your pedigree on the Patriarch page, with a link back to your full posting.  Hope you'll join the DNA project.
Marilyn
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/w/waddell/pats.html
jeannette scott
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 06:04:41 AM »

I am a proud waddell descendant through the maternal line.
As far back as we can trace the Waddells or wedales(probably where the name originated) came from the Edinburgh/Perthshire area.
 alexander Waddell not sure of d.ob or place but he married Ann Graham in Perthshire had one Daughter that we know of born Perthshire Jean (married a Gibson & moved & lived in Bearsden Glasgow.)
They had two sons JOHN born Dollar Clacmannanshire Scotland  5th july 1856 & William born Dollar 10th jan1859.
Alexander & Ann died when the boys were young Ann of typhoid & Alexander accidentally poisioned by Chemist.
MY ggrandfather John then became a boy soldier but by 1881 both William & John are Stonemasons following in Alexanders footsteps.
William emigrated to the U.S.A but where when why & how is lost in the annals of time.
John married Margeret Carr or Leitch(Her parentage is a mystery but are listed as Ellen Carr & Archibald Leitch
They married & raised a large Family settling in 11 Nairn Street .
Their children are  Annie died in infancy
  Alexander who married  Annie ? had two sons JOhn & Archie & emigrated to California where Alexander died in 1959.
There was Archibald ,William ,Ellen, Thomas Jean & my grandfather James Cooper Waddell- a man loved & missed by all.
There are Waddells Waddles spelling varies throughout the world -we have branches in Canada, England, Utah & Idaho (a later emigration in 1960)Scotland so the the heritage lives on
Graham S. Webb Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 05:51:13 PM »

Samuel Hails Waddell b. 23 Nov. 1823  Charlotte Co. Va. m.  Mary E. Webb 8 Feb 1850 B. 1834 Charlotte Co. Va.
Children:
Elizah b. Abt. 1852
Elizabeth H. b. Abt 1854
Emma b, Abt. 1856 d. about 1862
Samuel L. Abt. 1858
Branch D.  Abt. 1859
Mary b. Abt. 1861
Nancy b. abt. 1866
David Littleton b. Abt. 1868.

Meary E. Webb is my Great grandaunt.
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 08:56:48 AM »

Hi, Jeannette.  Sorry for the delay in posting your pedigree.  It is now on the Patriarch page.  Good luck with your research.
Marilyn
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 08:57:49 AM »

Hi, Graham.  Your pedigree is posted on the Patriarch page.  Hope you are part of the DNA project.
Marilyn
Joan Howell Waddell
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 12:52:02 PM »

Edward Waddell d 1812 Johnston Co NC m Polly _____
? ?Joel Waddell b late 1800's d after 1864 Johnston Co NC m unknown
? ? ? Everett Waddell b 1818 d c1887 m(2)1863 Delitha Langley? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?Williamson Chestee Waddell b 1864 d 1944 m Harriet J. Rentfrow
? ? ? ? ? ? Johnnie William Waddell b 1902 d 1979 NC m Annie Lewis Glover
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Johnnie Alfred Waddell b 1935 m(1) Joyce Marie Stancil
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? m(2) Joan Lawrence Howell

Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 07:32:54 PM »

Hi, Joan.  Your pedigree is posted.  Hope you are part of the DNA project.
Marilyn
Jeffrey Wendell Waddell
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 02:55:47 PM »

Hello,
My name is Jeffrey W Waddell. I do not have a lot of info on my fathers side of the family and was taking a long shot to see if someone out there may be able to connect.
My father is William Wendell Waddell, married my mother Lynn McWilliams
his father was Wendell William Waddell married to a Zola....
I do not have birthdates on any of them yet but I am still searching
I would appreciate any info I can get.
I was born in Cour'de Laine, Idaho 10/30/66
Thank you
Jeff
Alice Wilson C.
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 12:18:20 PM »

John M. Wilson m. Susannah Waddell, father thought to be Jacob Waddell of Franklin Co., NC
 ? ?issue: ? Alexander William Wilson
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Benjamin Waddell Wilson
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? James Joseph Wilson
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? John Faires Wilson

? ?James Joseph Wilson m. Elizabeth Parham, ?Franklin Co. NC
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?issue ?Aca Tolliver Wilson m Nannie Debnam
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? issue ?James William Wilson m. ?Alice Utley Franklin Co., NC
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? issue: ?James W. Wilson Jr. ?m. ?Hettie Stallings
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?issue: ?myself
James Waddell
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 01:02:40 PM »

1. ? Waddell lived near Convoy, Donegal, IR m Esther ? b abt 1758 d abt 1838 age 80 Columbia, SC (lived w/son Robert)
? ? ?Issue
? ? ??2a. John Waddell b abt 1801 Donegal, IR m Catherine ? immigrated and lived in Luboc, Maine then Columbia, SC
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Issue?
? ? ? ? ? ? 2a1 Robert Waddell b abt 1830 in Maine
? ? ? ? ? ? 2a2 Catherine b abt 1832? ?in Maine
? ? ??2b. Robert Waddell b 1799 Donegal, IR immigrated Charleston SC aft April 1820 m Eliza Beckett 1829 d 12 Oct 1841 Columbia,SC
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Issue
? ? ? ? ? ?3b1 George Henry Waddell b 6 Oct 1830 d 14 Sep 1890 Abbeville, SC m Elizabeth C. Sims 25 Nov 1856
? ? ? ? ? ?3b2 Robert Beckett Waddell b abt 1832
? ? ? ? ? ?3b3 James Davis Waddell b 28 Nov 1836 d 17 Nov 1902 Thomson, GA m 1 Oct 1868 Cassandra S. Smith
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Issue
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?3b3a-g Alice Eliza, Hallie Emmaline, Mary Catherine, Beulah Florence, Nellie Ruth, Henry Davis, Fannie Jane
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?3b3h James Beckett Waddell b 12 Oct 1875 d 10 Mar 1935 Pensacola, FL m 10 Aug 1899 Julia E. Cates
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Issue
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 3b3h1 James Henderson died infant
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 3b3h2 Julia Catherine ? died age 9
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 3b3h3 Henry Beckett Waddell b 17 Nov 1903 d 1995 Pensacola, FL
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 3b3h4 John Darwin Waddell b 3 May 1907 d 19 April 1972 Falls Church, VA
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 3b3h5 Harley Lamar Waddell b 18 Jul 1908 d 3 Dec 1978 m 7 Apr 1933 Mable Shue b 29 May 1912 d 16 Mar 2002
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? both are buried in Hartwell, GA
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Issue
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 3b3h5a? ?myself

Note:? Robert and his mother Esther and his wife Eliza are buried in First Presbyterian Ch. cemetery in Columbia, SC w/ other relatives

« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 01:41:29 PM by James Waddell » Logged
alfred m.waddell iii
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 03:58:09 PM »

I am Alfred Moore Waddell III, my father is Alfred Moore Waddell,Jr., and my grand father is Alfred Moore Waddell, Sr. we are form memphis,tn. my grand father and I were born in memphis and my father was born in chattanooga,tn. My great grandfather was Samuel Amos Waddell. He had 3 sons, Kemper, Samuel Jr., and Alfred. that is all I know except that he met his wife in New Orleans and worked as a mechanist for the Illinois CentralRailroad in memphis.
   If you have anymore information than this please e-mail me.

thank-you

Alfred M.Waddell
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 11:00:41 AM »

Hi, Jeffrey.  Good luck with your research.
Marilyn
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 11:01:49 AM »

Hi, Alice.  If you have any dates for your pedigree, I will be happy to post it on the Patriarch page.  Good luck with your research.
Marilyn
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 11:02:47 AM »

Hi, Alfred.  Good luck with your research.
Marilyn
VaSewPro

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 11:47:03 PM »

Hi all. My name is Deborah Rosette Wade, McKinsey, Bannister. My mother?s surname is Bertha Mae Waddell. I am so happy to find this site. I will be posting my pedigree here as soon as I tie up a few loose ends and dates and such for the Waddells that I?m related to. Most of my family is from the Prince Edward and Lunenburg County areas of VA. My main research at this time has been stemming from my grandfather 'Joe Ben Waddell' b; 8/21/1880 d: 6/12/1958 aka husband, father & farmer. First wife: Sallie Ann Clark b: 1877 d: 7/27/1916. Second Wife: Annie Lee Skinner b: 7/30/1900 d: 2/20/1975. With Annie being my grandmother. Sallie and ?Joe Ben? as he was called managed to have four surviving children before Sallie passed away at age 39 of a septic infection. Annie and Joe Ben managed to have many offspring with eight surviving to the best of my knowledge. I will be posting here soon with many more family members. I do hope that this little bit for information will help someone. If I could be of service to anyone else who is trying to link up with this branch of the Waddell family then feel free to contact me. ttfn
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005, 12:47:45 PM »

Hi, VaSewPro.  Looking forward to posting your pedigree.  Thanks.
Marilyn
Kim Waddle
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 08:20:03 PM »

John Waddell b: Abt. 1736 in ,, Donegal County, Ireland m: Rachel Quee   
John Waddell b: 18 Nov 1765 in , Montgomery Co., PA  m: / Blanchard   
Samuel Waddell b: 1800 in , Washington Co, TN  m: Violet Bayless   
George Acken Waddle   b: 22 Feb 1841 in , Greene Co.., TN m: Nannie Martin   
James Henry Waddle   b: 10 Apr 1877 in Butler, Bates Co., MO m: Minnie Ida Housman
John Herschel Waddle   b: 25 Apr 1910 in Miami Twp, Ottawa Co., OK m: Beulah Maye Martin   
James Michael Waddle   b: 15 Mar 1943 in Ft. Stockton, Pecos Co, TX m: Kimberly Ann Montgomery Reynolds
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 03:49:10 PM »

Hi, Kim.  Your pedigree is posted.  Hope you are part of the pedigree project.
Marilyn
khb

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2006, 10:38:49 PM »

John Waddle, b. Lanark, Scotland, m. Margaret [Katherine Borges - kvjjmmborges AT msn.com]
 *Thomas Waddle, b. 1827,? Lesmahagow, Lanark, Scotland, m. Margaret Smith
? **Margaret Waddle, b. 1851, Lesmahagow, Lanark, Scotland, m. John "Jock" Telfer
? **James Waddle, b. 1852, Lesmahagow, Lanark, Scotland
? **Thomas Waddle, b. 1854, Lesmahagow, Lanark, Scotland
? **Grace Waddle, b. 1857, Lesmahagow, Lanark, Scotland
 *James Waddle, b. 1838
 *Margaret Waddle, b. 1840
Sami Meril?inen
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2006, 11:40:08 AM »

Gabriel Meril?inen, b 30.3.1728, Ilomantsi, Finland - m Anna Pardain
Christer Meril?inen, b 14.6.1768, Ilomantsi, Finland ? m Brita Repo
Anders Meril?inen, b 22.5.1797, Ilomantsi, Finland ? m Lisa Silain
Niilo Meril?inen, b 3.12.1837, Ilomantsi, Finland ? m Anna Pikkaranen
Mikko Meril?inen, b 1.7.1867, Ilomantsi, Finland ?m Katri Litmanen
Eino Meril?inen, b 13.7.1903, Impilahti, Finland ? m Elna Nissinen
P? Meril?inen, b ?1950, Lepp?virta, Finland ?m R? Holja
Sami Meril?inen, b 1972, Kuopio, Finland ? m ?

(Family Meril?inen came to Finland about year 1540-1580. Nobody knows the original surename, based on 25 marker y-dna test 25/25 only match with Waddell, Waddell is original surename of the Meril?inen family. Meril?inen means in Finnish language like: ?came from sea? or ?seaman??
Sami Meril?inen
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 01:57:01 AM »

My mistake..
Meril?inen match with Waddy 25/25, not with Waddell name..
Waddy name origin can be: Waldie, Waddie, Waddey, Waldy, Waldewe, Walderne, Waitho, Waldeu, Waldief
(and Waddill, Waddell, de Wedale, Waddel..)
Frank Waddell
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 12:55:14 AM »

I have researched through SC state archives my line of Waddell to my GGGGGrandfather Charles Waddill in Greenville. I believe he came down from NC and bought land in Pleasantburg now Greenville in 1797. Sons Charles Jr, Jessie, Nathan, Claiborn(my line), Alexander, Noel, Edmund, Nicholas and sister Mary. I connected these as the children of Charles and wife Elizebeth by Wills on file at the State Archives. Clabourn's son Tolbert was the Civil War soldier who anglicized the name to Waddell probably in the 1850s. It appears at the same time Charles was in Greenville another Clabourn was over in Spartanburg giving his children some of the same names. I have suspected that they might be brothers who came down the Carolina Trail from Wilkes/Surry County NC. It is possible a Noel in that area of NC was their brother who stayed. Some of these names recycled again going back to New Kent Co. Va. I would be glad to share any of the stories and info I picked up but I can only nail down for certain Charles and no farther back.

Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006, 08:11:29 PM »

Hi, Frank and khb.  Your pedigrees are posted.  Hope you are both par of the DNA project.
Marilyn
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.