World Families Forums - Gorman Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 06:56:17 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'G'
| | |-+  Gorman (Moderator: Seán MacGorman Powell)
| | | |-+  Gorman Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gorman Family Pedigrees  (Read 12377 times)
Seán MacGorman Powell
X-chromosome Project Administrator
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2010, 01:39:58 PM »

Hi James,

I compared your pedigree against the ones that I have available for other project members, and don't see any obvious matches.  Have you already been DNA tested?  I see another James Gorman in the project, but it doesn't look like you.

Being DNA tested is not required for posting your pedigree on the Patriarchs Page, and I would be happy to do so if you wouldn't mind rearranging your pedigree into the requested format, listing just those pedigree members who contributed to your direct lineage.  The format is described in the first post of this topic, which you can jump to by clicking here:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/forum/index.php?topic=1816.0

Thanks James, and let me know if you have any questions.

a.k.a., GhostX
James Gorman

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2010, 04:12:32 PM »

Here is my pedigree in the the form I think you want it in.  Let me know if I messed up again.  I hope to do the DNA testing soon.

Jim

Arthur (?) Gorman b: Ireland  m: Mary Stack (?), Ireland
     James Gorman b: ABT 1815 ,Ireland  m: Mary Dee (or Deehan?), Ireland  d: AFT 1885, RI, USA
           James John Gorman b: 1857, Provincetown, MA, USA   m: Mary Thrain, Worcester, MA, USA  d: 1923 MA, USA
                John James Gorman b: 1896, North Smithfield, RI, USA  m: Daria Boyer, Uxbridge, MA, USA  d: 1961, Uxbridge, MA, USA
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2010, 04:56:52 PM »

You didn't mess up Jim--the detail you provided might be of use to somebody.  It's just the Patriarchs page that needs a particular format.  Your revision looks fine.  I modified the format slightly and added it to the Patriarchs page:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/gorman/pats

When you get DNA tested, just let me know and I'll add your ID number to it.

a.k.a., GhostX
phveens

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2013, 05:30:07 PM »

GReetings

I am researching this Gorman family for a friend. If anyone has any information about Daniel's parents and his immigration and early life in Australia I would be interested to hear from you.

Daniel GORMAN (mother Mary)
                 b 5 Nov 1839 Mitchelstown, Co Cork, Ireland (son of Mary)
                 d 8 April 1823    Maryborough, Queensland, Australia
                 m 11 July 1864 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Johanna (Hannah) HAYES
They had fourteen children, details of which are known by the family.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:29:46 PM by phveens » Logged
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2013, 12:06:04 PM »

GReetings

I am researching this Gorman family for a friend. If anyone has any information about Daniel's parents and his immigration and early life in Australia I would be interested to hear from you.

Daniel GORMAN (mother Mary)
                 b 5 Nov 1939 Mitchelstown, Co Cork, Ireland (son of Mary)
                 d 8 April 1923    Maryborough, Queensland, Australia
                 m 11 July 1864 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Johanna (Hannah) HAYES
They had fourteen children, details of which are known by the family.

Thank you.

Hi there, I'm the administrator of the Gorman DNA Project.  I assume you meant to say that your friend's ancestor was born in 1839 (not 1939).  This puts him in a timeframe where there's a good chance that he is related to my own Gorman lineage, since my Gorman ancestors lived about 12 miles from there, near Clogheen.  I also have other known Gorman relatives who have ancestry from a townland named Garryvurragha, which is only about 2 miles from Mitchelstown.

I don't have any specific information about the David Gorman who you mentioned, but if your friend qualifies, I would strongly encourage him to get a DNA test and join the Gorman project.  If he ends up being a genetic match to me or any other project member, then I may have some information about his ancestry that he might find useful.

Here's the project's home page, where the qualifications for joining are described:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/gorman/

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

a.k.a., GhostX
cgorman1013

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2013, 09:42:21 PM »

If anyone can provide help with the Irish origins of the following family, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thomas Gorman, b. May 1830 in Ireland, immigrated to the U.S. in 1860, married Mary Collins, b. April 1840 in Ireland, immigrated to U.S. in 1855. Married in 1864 and lived in Chicago. Had at least nine children: Mary A., Patrick John, Malachy T., Kate, Jane, Martin, James, Thomas and Margaret.

I've heard various places of birth for Thomas from a variety of family members, the most popular being Cork, but also Killarney, Mayo, or Westmeath.

- Chris
chris13

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »

Hi everyone. Here is my Gorman lineage.

William Gorman b. bef 1866, Ireland; married Mary Mallon bef 1880, died bef 1910 (likely in Ireland)

Mary Mallon abt 1858, Ireland. Departed Queenstown Ireland 4-Jun-1908, arrived NY, NY on 11-Jun 1908. Found in Bronx Co., NY in 1910 census.

Patrick Albert Gorman b. 1888, Longford, Ireland; married Emma Nirgenau 10-Apr-1912, Westchester, NY; died abt Dec 1912 of blood poisoning

Emma Nirgenau b. Aug 1883, St. Louis, MO; died aft 1930, St. Louis, MO

Walter Gorman (my grandfather) b. 16-Feb-1918, Missouri; d. 28-Dec-1978, Missouri

Would love to work with anyone who is digging into Gormans in the Longford, Ireland area. Chris Gorman
Seán MacGorman Powell
Board Moderator
Old Hand

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2014, 01:53:07 PM »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting your pedigree. 

If you'd like me to post it on the Patriarchs Page of the Gorman DNA Project's website, so that people can contact you if they have any questions, then I'll need you to send me whatever e-mail address that you'd like to use as your contact.  You can send that to me in a private message if you'd like, but it will end up getting posted publicly on the patriarchs page, along with your name, as shown here:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/gorman/pats

Also, I don't believe you're currently a member of the Gorman DNA Project and have been tested (it's not required, to post your pedigree), but if you do end up joining, let me know and I'll post your testing ID number along with your address, so that other project members can see which test results are associated with your lineage.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions!

Sean

a.k.a., GhostX
Mike Sparks

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 01:09:23 PM »

Hi Sean,

I thought this looked like a good place to send you my Gorman Pedigree so here goes.

Patrick Gorman - born ca. 1805, possibly in Co. Tyrone (according to my grandfather). Married to a woman known only as Anne.

------> Felix Gorman - born ca. 1830, possibly Co. Tyrone as well.  Married to Ellen McCullough, born in Ireland, possibly of Scottish descent.

----------> Felix Gorman Jr. - Born Oct. 1864 in NYC.  Married to Henrietta Cunniffe, born in NYC.

--------------> Joseph Walter Gorman -  Born Aug 1900 in Brooklyn NY. Married to Helen E. Kelly.

Joseph Walter Gorman was my grandfather.

Thanks
Mike Sparks
ombones1@yahoo.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.