World Families Forums - Gould Project

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 13, 2014, 07:21:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'G'
| | |-+  Gould (Moderator: gouldAdmin)
| | | |-+  Gould Project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gould Project  (Read 639 times)
johnbgould

« on: December 19, 2011, 04:19:20 PM »

I'm a member of this project, have submitted a family tree which is shown in the website, and have recently updated my test results on FTDNA to 67 markers. I'm R1b1a2. I'm at:  castla@yahoo.com

For some reason,  my line has not been assigned, and nowhere does the results page show genetic distance. Why not

Aside for finding specific families with whom I share an MCRA, my main reason for joining was to see whether I shared an MCRA with someone who was a proven descendant of John Gould the Crusader. I would think all Goulds would want to know this, because of the size of the family in the English West Country and the US. Why is this not shown

John
mgmnva

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 04:37:43 PM »

I am brand new to this project. Has anyone had any association of the name Goolsby (Golsby, Goulceby) to the name Gould?

I know the Goolsby is from Dane Law in Englad and has it's roots in Old Norse. But I don't know of a link to Gould.

Ancestry DNA showed Scandinavian 7% (SNP) test.

Any insight into the two surnames and if there is a relationship would be appreciated.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 19 queries.