World Families Forums - Guy Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 12:56:13 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'G'
| | |-+  Guy (Moderator: guyAdmin)
| | | |-+  Guy Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guy Family Pedigrees  (Read 3504 times)
guyAdmin

« on: January 03, 2005, 02:42:04 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Guy Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1.  Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

E
mail address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
                 Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
                 N
ame, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct  male line).

2.  Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

1. You must be logged in to post on this forum.
    How do I register to post a pedigree?
    I've already registered. How do I log in?

2.  Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.

3. Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.

4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line.  Please post only the information for each generation:

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information) 

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:

o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor

o        Begin with the earliest generation

o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc

o        Try to keep to one line per generation

o        Include only generations that have this family surname

o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider

o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant

o        Use surname with each generation

o        Don’t use all caps

o        Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.

o        Don’t number the generations 

Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".    

If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time. 

Ian Guy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 05:42:44 AM »

Ian Guy b=25/7/1955 Uganda East Africa. m Dianne in Perth Australia 1979.
Graham Guy b=25/8/1923 Eldoret, Kenya. m=Danuta In Uganda East Africa 12/8/1949.
Frank Graham Guy b=10/6/1887 South Africa. m=Helen 24/1/1920.
Gustavus Frederick Guy b=27/1/1851.d=22/7/1938. m=Elizabeth Orr 8/2/1875 Cape Province.
Augustus Henry Guy b=12/3/1810. d=13/3/1885. m=Elizabeth Poole 1840 Dublin Ireland.
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 09:19:54 PM »

Hi, Ian.  Your pedigree is posted.  Hope you are part of the DNa project.
Marilyn
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/g/guy/pats.html
worldexpo1892

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:09:32 AM »

Family name Guyette from France. My first name is James. b 1948 m WA U.S.A. Testing the waters, Interesting! The DNA program.
carriebias

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 10:18:37 PM »

I do NOT have a Guy direct lineage, but I am a guy descendent and so I will post my lineage here in hopes of connecting to a direct male descendent of the same lineage.

My brother has been tested for me in both the Y-DNA37 and mtDNA tests. 

If you connect to my GUY lineage, please contact me.  Hope to hear from other members of my Guy lineage. 

Carrie Bias Hoffert

CRH727 at comcast.net

William A. Guy b c 1752 VA, d 1824 Warren Co, (now Allen Co) KY, married Nancy Mathias aft 1709 in VA

Richard Guy b 15 Jan 1787 SC?, d 10 Apr 1853 Perry Co IL, married Sirena A. Bunch on 22 Feb 1809 Warren Co, KY

James R Guy b 10 Aug 1816 Allen Co, KY, d 10 Oct 1867 Washington/Perry Co, IL married to Charity Ann "Belle" Maxwell abt 1841 Washington Co, IL

Emma Jemima Guy b 15 Oct 1857 Washington Co, IL, d 18 Feb 1929 Carthadge, Jasper Co, MO, married James Franklin Howell abt 1873 in IL or MO
She was my Great Grandmother (maternal side)

My brother's middle name is Guy, our grandfather was Harry Guy Howell  and his mother was Emma Jemima Guy, we are trying to keep the name Guy as a tradition in our family. 

Carrie Bias Hoffert
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 02:50:06 PM »

Hi, carriebias.

Your pedigree has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/guy/pats

Carrie
AmieLCox

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 04:27:07 PM »

James Guy, b. 1742, m. 1768 to Isabella Wasson, d. 1813, Iredell Co., N.C.
  Dr. Joseph Guy, b. 1767, Iredell Co., N.C., m. 1796, N.C., d. 1830, Colbert Co., Ala.
  He married Esther Sharpe.
     Curtis Haywood Guy, b. 1799, NC, m. Ca. 1830, d. 1871, Grenada, Ms.
     He married Eliza Scurlock.
        Curtis Haywood Guy, Jr., b. 1843, Ms., m. 1876, Ms., d. 1909, TN. but lived Ms.
        He married Mary Trimble.
            Lynn Trimble Guy, b. 1881, Ms., m. 1903, Ms., d. 1940, Va.
            He married Sarah Elizabeth "Bessie" Estes.

I am helping my great-uncle with the kit on Thanksgiving and will send it in. The kit number is 259825. My great-uncle is the only living male descendent with the Guy name from Curtis Haywood Guy Sr.'s line. Though Curtis, Sr. had several sons, the Civil War killed two and another son had a daughter leaving Curtis, Jr. the only son to beget a male line. He had several sons also but only one lived to adulthood or  married to beget sons as well.  
Thanks,
Amie Boone Cox
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 04:30:07 PM by AmieLCox » Logged
ruth egan

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 03:38:58 PM »

Dear Amie, I am a Wasson researcher in wayne co.,Indiana...on the ohio border.....where Joseph wasson (1744-1822) purchased land in Ohio territory that became Indiana territory. Joseph is
 my five greats gr daddy. There were Guys here in preble county, Ohio.......the back yard of Joe. At least one had a son, Joseph . There is a Hiram and James who each marry one of Joseph descendants (children and grandchildren) . The original. Guy settler preble county was a Rev War vet like Joseph. Look at "genealogical and historical records of preble county ohio" on line. Would be glad to help. Blessings, Ruth
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 03:42:21 PM by ruth egan » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 20 queries.