World Families Forums - Harlan Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 02:27:53 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Harlan (Moderator: John Harlan)
| | | |-+  Harlan Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harlan Family Pedigrees  (Read 4868 times)
John Harlan

« on: January 03, 2005, 02:11:36 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for this Surname.   Our Surname Project is primarily interested in your Paternal line, as surnames are passed down from father to son, just as the yDNA is passed down. 

If you ARE A MEMBER of this Surname Project at Family Tree DNA, send your pedigree by email to WorldFamilies.net at carrie@worldfamilies.net.  The pedigree will then be posted on the Surname Project's Patriarchs Page by Worldfamilies.net or sent to the Project’s Administrator.

Please include the following:  (If you have more information you would like to share, you may also post a more extended version of your family pedigree on the project website’s Pedigree Forum below)
•       Name of project
•       Kit Number
•       Name of person posting pedigree
•       Email address to be posted with pedigree
•       Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse of Earliest Known Ancestor
•       List each succeeding generation, using only those four items of information (or substitute another item of information if missing an item)

If you are NOT A MEMBER of this Surname Project at Family Tree DNA, you are welcome to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum below.  We hope an interested researcher will see it and contact you to share information.

To post on this Pedigree Forum:
1.  Register and log in at www.worldfamilies.net.
(How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/register)
(I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered)
2.  When you have logged in, scroll to the last posting on this forum, click "reply" and post your pedigree.
a.  Please do not include names for anyone born after 1910, to protect privacy.
b.  If you have questions or are unable to post your pedigree on this forum, please contact carrie@worldfamilies.net

For a step-by-step guide to using DNA for genealogy, please read DNA the Smart Way www.worldfamilies.net/smart
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:49:22 PM by marilyn » Logged
Joe Harland
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 10:14:04 PM »

Family Pedigree ? Joe Harland [joe_Harland@Comcast.net]

Albert Robert Harland, b c1836, England, m int 1867, Boston, MA, Elizabeth Jane Williams
   John William [Joseph] Harland, b 07 AUG 1868, Boston, MA, m Margaret Marie Foley
      Elizabeth Marie Harland, b 06 JAN 1892, Boston, MA, m Vincent Stephen Cahill
      Albert Leo Harland, b 18 AUG 1894, Boston, MA, m Gertrude McGlinchy
      Raymond Francis Harland, b. 19 JAN 1897, Boston, MA, m1 Kathleen F. Cronin, m2 Gladys Louella Gibbs
   Albert James Harland, b 25 AUG 1870, Boston, MA, d 05 MAY 1881
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 10:31:59 PM »

Hi Joe.  The Harlan family of America has a book which was published about 90 years ago and updated several times.  It says that we descend from two men named Harland who lived near Durham about 400 years ago.  Most, if not all, of theHarlans in America are supposed to descend from these two men. 

One of our family has arranged a DNA test and we are waiting for his results.  I hope that you will elect to also join the DNA project.  One of our goals is to find our English cousins.  (you're kind of in-between)   Marilyn will post your pedigree as soon as she can. 

Our DNA PRoject site is at http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/h/harlan/

best regards,  Terry
John Harland
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 09:25:52 AM »

B.1930 in County Durham (U.K.) I have not previously researched out my pedigree. I understand that my predecessors were from the North Yorkshire Dales area. There was some migration from there to County Durhan to take up coal mining, they having settled for a time in the willages of Willington, Ayclyffe. I have written my own autobiography (unpublished) entitled "Once upon a Lifetime" :a child of the 1930's (400pp.) At the moment, I would not object to DNA testing subject to responsible assurances from bone fide sources..
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 07:10:24 PM »

Hi, Joe.  Your pedigree is finally posted.  Sorry that it took so long.  Good luck with your research.
Marilyn
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/h/harlan/pats.html
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 07:14:20 PM »

Hi, John.  Thanks for your interest in DNA testing.  A good place to start learning more would be on the World Families Network home page under Getting Started http://www.worldfamilies.net/
If you have further questions, you can email Terry at terry@bartonsite.org.  Good luck with your research.
Marilyn
David Carr
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 02:38:57 AM »

Betsy Harland b. ? m. Thomas Crooks b. ?
 Sarah Crooks  b. 1833 Driffield E. Yorkshire m. Francis Carr b. 1820 Houghton le Spring Co.Durham
Joseph Garibaldi Carr b. 1865 Houghton le Spring m.Ellen Prosser b.1862
James Carr b. 1889 Middlesbrough Yorkshire m. Florence Race b.1891 Co.Durham
Francis George Joseph Carr b.1911 Bishop Auckland m.Edith Kathleen Hardy b. 1913 Yarm Co.Durham
David Carr b.1944 Middlesbrough Yorkshire
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 10:30:22 PM »

Hi, David.  I posted the first 2 generations you listed, to keep close to the Harlan line.
Good luck with your research.
Marilyn
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/h/harlan/pats.html
GLENYS

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 10:07:22 PM »

I am researching my harland family from Middleton/ Carlton North Yorkshire.
Jeremiah Harland married Isabella Robinson Aycliffe Durham
Ambrose Sylvester Harland born Willington Durham
Thomas Valentine Florian harland Born Willington Durham Died WW1 POW 1914? Married Loisa BrownsonCrook Durham
Oliver John Davison harland born Willington Durham married Hilda Winefred Jones Born truddyn North Wales
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 01:40:56 PM »

Hi, Glenys.  Your pedigree information has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/h/harlan/pats.html

Carrie
doreen

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 07:09:15 AM »

my grand father was dennis harland who lived as far as i know all his life in birtley tyne & wear.
he was born around the turn of the century probably 1895-1905.
he married elizabeth and had 4 sons and 2 daughters

dennis
mark
raymond
trevor ( my father)
eileen
margeret
i can go forward with some history but not back any further.

Doreen.
doreen

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 02:33:12 PM »

sorry but info a bit sketchy but here goes.

DENNIS HARLAND.  ( MY GRAND FATHER)   BORN CIRCA 1900 IN (?) BIRTLEY TYNE & WEAR.
MARRIED ELZABETH ( SORRY NO CLUE ON HER SIRNAME)1920( CIRCA)

6 CHILDREN,(4 SONS 2 DAUGHTERS)

DIED 1968 IN BIRTLEY, ELIZABETH DIED MANY YEARS BEFORE BUT NOT SURE WHEN
TO DATE ONLY ONE CHILD SURVIVING.MY FATHER NOW DECEASED.
I HOPE THIS IS CLEARER

Doreen.
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 11:31:59 AM »

Hi, Doreen.  I posted the information you provided on the patriarch page: http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/h/harlan/pats.html

Carrie
Alison Harlin DiNardo

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 08:50:04 PM »

William Harlin (William Frank Harlin Jr), Kit# 173471, alison.dinardo AT earthlink.net
Henry Harland, b. 1522, England, m. (unknown)
Robert Harland, b. 1546, England, m. Beatrice Ireland
James Harland, b. 1580, England, m. Maude Ireland
William Harland, b. 1594, England, m. Deborah Seamon
James Harland, b. 1625, England, m. Rebecca Kirke
George Harland, b. 1650, Durham, Durham, Eng., m. Elizabeth Duck
Aaron Harland, b. 24 Oct. 1685, Donnahlong, Down, Ireland, m. Sarah Heald
Samuel Harland, b. 1722, Kennett Twnshp., Chester, PA, m. Elizabeth Hollingsworth
George Harlan, b. 1755, Chatham, NC, m. Rebecca Bogan
Samuel Harlan, b. 31 May 1778, Union Dist, SC, m. Nancy Fitzpatrick
John Curtis Harlin, b. 14 July 1816, Gamaliel, Monroe, KY, m. Mary P. Meador
Varney Silas Harlin, b. 11 Nov 1854, Macon, TN, m. Sarah E. Stringer
Oliver Ewing Harlin, b. 22 Nov 1879, Hillsboro, Hill, TX, m. Nora Frank James
William Frank Harlin, b. 6 Feb 1904, Temple, Cotton, OK, m. Winifred Ruth Abbott
William Frank Harlin Jr

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:00:03 PM by Alison Harlin DiNardo » Logged
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 02:12:52 PM »

Hi, Alison.

Your pedigree has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/harlan/pats

Carrie
Alison Harlin DiNardo

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 03:55:26 PM »

Carrie,
Many thanks for your work in completing my posting. May I make a minor change in my email address as it shows on the pedigree? It's alison.dinardo@earthlink.net. don't know if it will make a difference, but the "i" and the "l" are reversed. :) Am anxious to get the test kit results and see where they lead. I really appreciate your help and your time!
Linda Lea Christ

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 01:15:56 PM »

John Harlin born Stockholm, Sweden died New York. Worked for Tiffany's in New York City-Silversmith and worked with Thomas Alva Edison in Edison, New Jersey. Immigration date:1888.
Married  Louise Bernadotte Anderson.
4 children: (1)Desaderia Louise Harlin-Christ -2 Children: [Warren Herbert -2 sons, David & Edward]and [Kenneth Charles, 3 daughters, Linda, Valerie & Wendy],
(2)Helena Harlin d Brooklyn, NY, from TB @ 18 yrs.
(3)Oscar Knute Harlin b Brooklyn, NY d Brooklyn, NY. m Christine?,
(4)Lillian b Brooklyn, NY d Chicago, IL. m Herman Gessner Sr. Children: 2 -Herman Gessner Jr. and Johnny Gessner.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 04:18:59 PM by Linda Lea Christ » Logged
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »

Hi, Alison. 

Your email address has been corrected.  I apologize for the error!

Hi, Linda.

The information you provided for John b Sweden has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/harlan/pats

Carrie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.