World Families Forums - Head Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 03:15:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Head (Moderator: Mark Arslan)
| | | |-+  Head Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Head Family Pedigrees  (Read 3345 times)
Mark Arslan

« on: January 03, 2005, 01:46:12 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Head Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1.  Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

E
mail address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
                 Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
                 N
ame, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct  male line).

2.  Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

1. You must be logged in to post on this forum.
    How do I register to post a pedigree?
    I've already registered. How do I log in?

2.  Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.

3. Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.

4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line.  Please post only the information for each generation:

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information) 

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:

o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor

o        Begin with the earliest generation

o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc

o        Try to keep to one line per generation

o        Include only generations that have this family surname

o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider

o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant

o        Use surname with each generation

o        Don’t use all caps

o        Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.

o        Don’t number the generations 

Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".    

If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time. 

« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 09:08:18 PM by Marilyn » Logged
Ronald Edwin Head

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 11:39:01 PM »

If I have interpreted the results correctly changes due to dna results prior to George Head b. 1720:
William Head b. 1584 Hithe, England d. March 22, 1622 Powle Brook, Va (Jamestown) - James Head b. 1605 - William Head b. 1626 Accomack, Va (1st born in America) - William Head b. 1660 - Anthony Head b. 1675 - George Head b. 1720 Orange Co Va. d. 1781 Surrey Co. NC M. Elizabeth Dearing B. 1722
Orange Co. va d. 1783? Surrey Co. NC
- Robert (Robin) Head b. 1757 Orange Co. Va d. 1838 Robertson Co. TN m. Martha Elder b. 1768 SC
D. 1852 Robertson Co. TN
- George Head B. 1794 D. 1869 Robertson Co. TN M. Elizabeth Winters b. 1800 d. 1856 Robertson Co., TN
-  Robert Head B. 1823 Robertson Co. TN D. 1885 Webster Co. KY M. Martha Mitchell B. 1829 d. 1886 Webster Co. KY
- John Wiley Head B. 1854 Robertson Co. Tn d. 1895 Webster Co. KY M. Anna Laura Procter B. 1862 Illinois d. 1926 Webster Co. Ky
- Volney Burean Head b. 1891 Ky d. 1950 Webster co. KY M. Flora Lane B. 1893 D. 1977
-  Carl Edwin Head b. 1913 Webster Co. KY d. 1968 Wayne Co. Mi m. Lillie Oldham b. 1918 Earlington KY d. 1998 Montgomery Co. OH
- Ronald Edwin Head b. 1944 Detroit MI M. Ilene Neadow B. 1946
4 children 3 boys 1 girl 9 grandchildren 2 great-grandchildren
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 01:44:50 PM by Ronald Edwin Head » Logged
Richard Barton
Administrator
Old Hand

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 12:27:52 AM »

Ronald,

Your pedigree has been posted to http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/h/head/pats.html.  Will you be participating in the Head Surname DNA project?

Rich
WendyK

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 02:18:20 PM »

William, Granville County SC, c1800, m Elizabeth Smith
John Bastine, SC, b 10 Dec 1849, (m1 Emma Sentel), m2 Willie S Corley
Annie Emily, b 4 Aug 1900, Aiken Co SC, m George Ray Kraft Sr

(There's a possibility I'm not genetically related to this line since my grandmother said once that SHE adopted my father/her son--the implication being that he was the natural son of my grandfather/her husband, who was a Kraft.  Since my grandmother took this information to her grave in 1972, we have never known for sure since these things weren't talked about in her time. )
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 09:58:23 AM by WendyK » Logged

...a South Carolina Kraft.
Glenn Dodge

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 12:07:46 PM »

I descend from Margaret Head b. 4 Aug 1839 in New York or Pennsylvania (depending on what each record says), wife of Eber Lorenzo Dodge.
Margaret was orphaned as a child and is on the 1850 Burlington, Calhoun, Michigan census with the Amasa Underwood family.
Despite 40 years of research, have never been able to find her parents.
My DNA is registered with the Sorenson Foundation (SMGF) and on www.genetree.com.
Where do I go from here?
Glenn Dodge
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:08:17 PM by Glenn Dodge » Logged

Glenn C. Dodge

Jinglebob

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 09:57:50 PM »

William Head
George Head B: 1720 Surry Co VA D: 1781 Surry Co NC M: Elizabeth Dearing
William Head B: 1740 VA D: 1836 Surry Co NC M: Sarah Curry
Benjamin Head BC: 1800 Surry Co NC DC: 1860 Jackson Co TN M: Frances Speer
Isaac Head B: 1840 Jackson Co TN DC 1884 Butlers Landing, Clay Co TN
    M: Loucetta Whitson
Benton McMillan Head B: 21 Feb 1875 Clay Co TN D: 29 Sept 1965 Van Alstyne TX
    M: Mary F. Osgatharp
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 19 queries.