World Families Forums - Participation

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:37:27 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'W'
| | |-+  Whitlock (Moderator: whitlockAdmin)
| | | |-+  Participation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Participation  (Read 2129 times)
gwhitloc

« on: October 26, 2005, 04:40:34 PM »

I would love to participate but need others to make it worth while.  I had an Unlce give a sample for the Childress DNA project and it has been very helpful in my research. 

If any others are interested my Whitlock line comes from King William County Virginia (before 1756), Goochland County Virginia(1756-1790's), Halifax County Virginia(1800-1812), Patrick County Virginia(1812-1846) to Kanawha County Virginia/West Virginia (1846 - today).

Greg Whitlock
gwhitloc@pemtel.net

Bob Whitlock
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 11:46:09 AM »

Hi - I just ordered my DNA kit and I think this is soo cool. 

I am 59 y.o. and my father, who is deceased, came to Missouri in the 1920's from Yadkin County North Carolina.  His father was Johnny Jones Whitlock, and I think he was born in N. Carolina as well.  I am supposed to be getting some additional information from an elderly aunt, but we will see.  My father was one of 8 children but he was the only male.

Just getting started!!
Greg Whitlock
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 01:30:48 PM »

I received my DNA test kit on Feb. 13, 2006 and will be sending it in this week.  I am doing the 37 marker test.  I look forward to getting the results and hope many other Whitlock's participate so we can watch for matches. 

Greg Whitlock
Greg Whitlock
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 08:37:34 AM »

I received my results a week or so ago and am thrilled to match the other Whitlock project participant on 12 of 12 markers. 
Willis Whitlock
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 12:39:14 AM »

I have Whitlock ancestors in VA from 1650 to early 1800's. I'm interested in doing this. What are the advantages of having the more expensive tests done rather than the $99?

ww
Greg Whitlock
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 02:16:22 PM »

Hi Willis,

Please see the page on the link below regarding the advantages of the higher marker YDNA tests. 

http://www.familytreedna.com/faq2.html

Thanks

Robert Whitlock

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 02:46:55 PM »

Greg, any recommendations on which test level I should get, i.e., how many markers?  I got bogged down in work, wound up putting this off, and am now ready to GET TO IT. 
Robert D. Whitlock
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 03:29:11 PM »

I ordered my 37 market DNA test today. ?How long does it take to get results?
Greg Whitlock
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 08:00:44 PM »

Hi Robert,

I received my results in about 5-6 weeks.  It seems like a long time when you are waiting for the results.

Greg Whitlock
kthywin

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 11:09:35 PM »

Greg,  I am working on the Whitlock family line, and first find a William Whitlock, in Edgefield Co., SC in the 1790 census.  This is the William that Peter Whitlock of the Whitlock Assn believes is at the top of our known branch, but we can't find where he was born.  I have am not sure how to proceed.  It appears a lot of Whitlocks migrated to SC, a lot of them in Union, SC, according to census records.  Here is a reference to a Whitlock Family Cemetery in Edgefield, SC: http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/sc/edgefield/cemeteries/whitlock.txt

Peter thinks our William married a Sarah Yarborough.  However, I don't see a Sarah and William together.  We can document back to a Felix G. Whitlock born in 1925, and that is as far back aw we have been able to document.  Would DNA sampling help at this point? If participation is so low, what are the chances?  Frustrated.  Kathy Wingate/Dau of Mattie E. Whitlock, still living, dau of Felix Gaines Whitlock, b.1874, SC.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.