World Families Forums - Looking for great grandfather

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2016, 10:12:09 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'J'
| | |-+  Jackman (Moderator: Don Uggla)
| | | |-+  Looking for great grandfather
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for great grandfather  (Read 464 times)
Barbara Ray

« on: February 07, 2016, 09:13:26 PM »

His name is Melvin Jackman. He was born around 1889 (give or take). He was married to Elizabeth "Lizzie" Wall in 1916 and died in 1918 (one month before my grandmother was  born. He was married and died in Sevier County Arkansas.

His daughters name was Melvelean Virginia Jackman, born in DeQuien Sevier Arkansas. I have a copy of the marriage certificate and death info but nothing else.

There is a possibility that he was from Nebraska and his father was Syrus/Cyrus and mom Roxena. I have exhausted all possibilities and even contacted the clerks office in Sevier county and they didn't have much. I want to complete this line and see how far back I can go with his lineage. I have a lot on Melvelean's side but not on his. Any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated and I will do what I can to return the favor.
Don Uggla

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 02:36:46 PM »

I found a family line that may fit.  I will send a copy of the records that I found.  More work likely needed to verify this.
Samuel S. Jackman b.c. 1826 in Canterbury, Merimac, NH, m. 1851 Sarah E. Davison
   Eugene C. Jackman b.c. 1852 in IL, m.187x Etta L.
   Jesse M. Jackman b.c. 1856 in IL
   Alice I. Jackman b.c. 1859 in IL
   Cyrus J. Jackman b.c. 1860 in IL? m. Roxena
      Melvin Jackman b.c. 1886 in Ne, m. Elizabeth Wall
      Alice Jackman b.c. 1899

Samuel S. Jackman was a Captain in the Illinois Infantry 1861 for about a year and resigned possibly due to health or injury.  Military records may be useful.  He died shortly after.  Wife Sarah and chlildren next found in Nebraska.

Since Samuel was born in NH, it is possible that he is related to one of the lines that we have tested.  There is a line dating back to Devonshire, England that settled in Newbury MA, 1659 with descendants in NH.  Those lineages will soon be posted on our Patriarchs page.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.