World Families Forums - Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 09:38:55 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Welcome
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 26610 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2006, 10:51:16 PM »

Hi Brenda.? If you will sign in, then go to the Brewster Pedigree Forum

http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?topic=2446.0

And completely redo your posting the way you want it, we can then delete your old posting.? (you can copy and paste your old posting and then edit it as you want it to be)

If you later want to edit your own posting, you can do that by clicking "Modify".? (This works as long as you are signed in when you originally created the posting and are signed in when you want to edit)

Terry
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 10:53:38 PM by terry » Logged
scotty3

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2006, 11:23:22 AM »

Nice set up.  Looking for Shepherd, Kiefer and Bemis.  Are they here?  Is there already a pedigree.  As you can see I'm have some problems....Scott
Arminda

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2006, 08:40:29 PM »

Supposedly  there are 5 Holmans listed on this site.  For the life of me I can only access my own.  Is there any way I can look at what the other 4 Holman participants have listed?
Thanks, Arminda
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2006, 02:10:06 AM »

Arminda, here are the Holman sites:

Project 6 Page Website:
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/h/holman/
Pedigree Forum:
http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?topic=1600.0

Terry
Paul Alan ROTH

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2008, 08:07:21 PM »

I'm a ROTH. My Paternal Grandmother was a DURHAM. One of her DURHAM grandnephews received the results of his DNA test. I have the results. He was recently found to be related to David Milton DURHAM b. 1768 Albemarle Co. VA., our mutual 3gr-grandfather.

Would you please include the DURHAM Surname to your Forums? If I post my DURHAM Pedigree, would I be able to post the test results
there? Or would my cousin have to post his DURHAM Pedigree/test results, himself?

Thanks,
Paul Alan Roth
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2008, 12:09:33 PM »

Hi, Paul.  Sorry for the delay in answering your post.  There is a Durham project at Family Tree DNA: https://www.familytreedna.com/surname_join.aspx?code=X93428&special=true  You might want to contact the project administrator.

Good luck with your research!
m. friedman

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2008, 04:42:51 PM »

how do get a response from someone who shares 12 markers when they do not respond to emails?
I am new to computers and, sadly, do not even know how to use the filing system - so be gentle
m. friedman
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »

If you have tried the email address and there is no response, the only other suggestion I can offer is to contact Family Tree DNA, explain the situation and ask them to contact them, if they have an alternate way, to ask them to get in touch with you. 
In addition, I would caution not to read too much into a 12-marker match, as most researchers don't consider that to be enough markers to confirm a common ancestor.  You might want to upgrade to 25 markers to see if you can find other matches, as most of the mutations may be in the first markers.  Also, if you have not posted your pedigree on the surname project's pedigree forum, I would encourage you to do so, as an interested researcher may see it and contact you.

Good luck with your continued research!
Marilyn
Charles M. Singleton MD

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2009, 10:21:23 AM »

I have been turned down by the Jones project administrator to join the Joins surname project because he says I must come up with a Jones surname related to one of my ancestors, one William Cincinnatus "Buck" Jones who is is my great grandfather. I have the name of my great grandfather and would like to post my  male Jones pedigree Jones. I think it would help me find a living Jones male relative. I read where you do not have to be a member of a surname project to post your pedigree. I read where you do not have to be tested to post your pedigree. If I can find a Jones male living ancestor I will try to get him to test.  (There is already a Jones surname project [so I do not need to start a new forum topic or ask you to start a new forum.])

My question: In my situation how and where do I post my Jones pedigree on world families? (The project site is on FTDNA.com.)

Charles Singleton

Charles M. Singleton

Charles M. Singleton MD

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2009, 08:30:53 AM »

Marilyn,
Thank you for your response. My denial to Jones project came in an email from the project administrator so I will take your suggested route and contact FTDNA.
I infer from your answer that I am not too far off base in seeking entry into the Jones project for which I have a valid pedigree and am searching for someone to test.

Charles Singleton

Charles M. Singleton

Canebreak627

« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2009, 02:32:19 AM »

Hello all,

Wow, what a site!

I want to join The Wilkins project one day so I'll be watching periodically for posts and activity. I'm an intermeadiate genealogist into my 12th year and picking up where my late Aunt Jean Turner left off in 2001.

I have a brick wall now I'm the 5th generation from Willis and Judith S. Potts-Wilkins of White House, Robertson Co., Tn. I cannot verify beyond this couple and their children. Now after reading other threads, I believe I need to find a male cousin or more to want the testing.

Have a great day,

David

Ky

Curtis Pigman(Pigmon)
Old Hand

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2012, 10:16:32 PM »

Welcome to World Families Forums!

R1b1a2a1a1b3c3a L2+ Z49+ Z142+ Z150/Z12222+ (L20-,L196-,and L562-)
ysearch.org ID ZHHCY

palamede

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2012, 07:01:29 AM »

Help for english  genetic terms

http://evolution-textbook.org/content/free/glossary/glossary.html

Y=G2a3b1a2-L497 Wallony-Charleroi; Mt=H2a2a1 Normandy-Bray
Dodecad-DiY: E Eur 9,25% W Eur 48,48% Med 28,46% W Asia 11,70%
World9: Atl-Balt 67,61% Southern 13,23% Cauc-Gedr 12,73%
K12a: North-E 39,71% Med 37,9% Cauc 12,55% Gedr 5,78% SW Asia 2,13%
sanelson

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2013, 06:23:32 PM »

So I guess this is where some of the dna-forums.org people have landed? I guess I surprised myself by already having an account here (same user name and everything!), but as usual, I lurk. Except for this post. ;-)

I am just starting to get back in to things a bit; someone found me on 23andMe who, at the age of 75, was deciding he wanted to learn about one of his lines. Rather quickly I was able to determine his great grandfather is my great great grandfather (on my mother's mother's, paternal line). I was happy to be able to provide plenty of names and bonus pictures from the 1800s! It sort of put the bug back into me.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:25:30 PM by sanelson » Logged

ysearch/mitosearch 88VUD

gtc
Old Hand

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2013, 11:36:23 PM »

So I guess this is where some of the dna-forums.org people have landed? 

Yes, and also here:

http://eng.molgen.org/index.php

and here:

http://www.anthrogenica.com/forum.php

Y-DNA: R1b-Z12* (R1b1a2a1a1a3b2b1a1a1) GGG-GF Ireland (roots reportedly Anglo-Norman)
mtDNA: I3b (FMS) Maternal lines Irish
sanelson

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2013, 12:53:13 PM »

Yes, and also here:

Great -- thanks!

ysearch/mitosearch 88VUD

VladimirRazbin

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »

Hi,
Last week I received my Geno2.0 results and my Y-DNA is E-V13 sub-group E-CTS9320.
Wondering if anyone else is in that same haplogroup/sub-group?
I was born in Bulgaria but reside in Ottawa, Canada.
Thanks,
Vlad Razbin
molleepuckett

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2013, 04:14:31 PM »

I would like to know whether the Ancestry DNA is acceptable to this project?  My brother is a direct male line to Wilhelm Adam Wolff of Koblenz, Germany who arrived in the colonies in 1751 and finally settled in the Moravian Wachovia settlement in North Carolina.  My brother has done the Y-DNA test on Ancestry which gave us information about our German, English, Irish, Scot and Scandinavian heritage and I would like to interact with other researchers into this line.
Our lineage is Wilhelm Adam Wolff (Germany and Forsyth County, NC)
    Gottlieb (aka Caleb) Wolff (Stokes  and Buncombe Counties, NC)
        William Wolf of Buncombe County, NC
           William Wesley Wolf of Henderson County, NC and McLennan County, TX
              John Nathaniel Wolfe of Hill County, TX
                 John Loyd Wolfe of McLennan County, TX
                    Cecil Loyd Wolfe of TX  (my father)   

Mollee Puckett   mwpuckett@att.net

Mollee Puckett
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »

ancestry.com does still sell a yDNA test - but their ancestryDNA test is an autosomal block (atDNA) test - which is is not used in traditional surname studies. 

You can transfer your brother's atDNA results into FTDNA for a fee, which will allow you to do "whole ancestry" comparisons to the folks tested at FTDNA on their "Family Finder" test. 

https://www.familytreedna.com/order-now.aspx?ty=1339#SelectAProduct

If you wish to participate in the Woolf Surname Project, you'll need to do a 37 or 67 yDNA test on your brother.  This is the link to order:

http://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=woolf

Terry
Clara J. Miller

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2014, 03:40:42 PM »

Feel free to discuss anything about genealogy or DNA here.  Ideas, suggestions, problems, or questions about the website are also welcome.  Scroll down through the listings below to find the topics of interest to you, or start a new topic. 

Hi,
I had my DNA done thru 23andme as a Christmas gift last year.
I am U5b2a2 - Haplogroup - U5 - Subgroup R
My GGGGrandfather was Patrick O'Conner born in Ireland married Sarah Elizabeth ? ( said to be Lumbee Indian )
Her Mother must have been too. Because I am 5th. generation Lumbee.
My DNA follows my Mother - Grandmother - GGGrandmother -and on.
But Can not find Sarah Elizabeths maiden name.
Thank You
Clara
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:47:21 PM by Clara J. Miller » Logged

Clara
Clara J. Miller

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2014, 03:54:18 PM »

Hi,
I had my DNA done thru 23andme as a Christmas gift last Year from my Son
My GGG-Grandfather was Patrick O'Conner His wife Sarah Elizabeth ? was of Lumbee Indian decent.
I am U5b2a2 - Haplogroup - U5 - Subgroup R
I am 5th. generation Lumbee decent
Me - My Mother - My Grandmother - My G-Grandmother - My GG-Grandmother
And My GGG- Grandmother Sarah Elizabeth ? O'Conner
I would love to find out her birth name.
Thank You
Clara

Clara
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 17 queries.