World Families Forums - Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 03:04:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Welcome
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 24344 times)
Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« on: December 19, 2004, 01:50:24 AM »

Feel free to discuss anything about genealogy or DNA here.  Ideas, suggestions, problems, or questions about the website are also welcome.  Scroll down through the listings below to find the topics of interest to you, or start a new topic. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 03:30:28 PM by marilyn » Logged
whitkeen

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 10:00:26 PM »

Very nice pages.  The Whitney family has a web page already but can I have a message board page here as well?  I can also provide the link but it does not make sense to have a redundant web page.

Whitney Keen
Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 10:39:11 PM »

Sure.  Our goal is to be a resource for and build a community around genetic genealogy.  I'll put up a forum for you tomorrow and throw in a place for your project members to post their pedigrees.

We would have been happy to set up a website for you as well, but since you already have one, that isn't a problem.

Thanks and welcome to World Families Network.

-Biscuits
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 12:00:46 AM »

Frank, we hope you'll join the Bynum DNA Project.  As you didn't provide an email address, I'll hope you see this.   regards,  Terry

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/b/bynum/
Ellen Thompson Dickinson

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 04:48:23 AM »

Hi there.  Can we begin boards for surnames Overton, Moore and Walker?
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 05:50:06 PM »

I'll get Craig, Overton, Moore & Walker added in the next 10 days or so.  Glad to help out.  Terry
Becca

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 07:45:12 PM »

I was suprised not to find Barnes, which is very common.  Also, no Graves or Ginwright.

Rebecca
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 02:16:54 PM »

World Families Network has started a number of Surname DNA Projects (where there was not one already underway) at Family Tree DNA.  We also provide free websites to Surname Projects who request one.  The names initially populating the WFN Forum are drawn from those two sources. 

We are happy to setup up Forums for other Surname Projects on request.

Terry
Gerry

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 08:04:33 AM »

First time on.? Can not find a Post Message button only the Reply button to post with.? I have started a RIDENOUR Y-DNA Project with FTDNA and would like to have it listed as such.? The one you are listing under your Ridenour search engine shows the REDNER Y-DNA Project, and it does mention variation possilbly Ridenour.? The RIDENOUR project has a FTDNA website, the REDNER project has no website.? Would really like to see my RIDENOUR project listed so that they have a url to click on that will take them there.? Again thanks so much, your WFN is great!? Marjie
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 03:26:13 PM »

Gerry - I just added your Ridenour project to our search feature.? Glad to oblige!

As far as Raines - there is a large Rains project at FTDNA.  I suggest you work with it.

Terry
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 03:48:46 PM by terry » Logged
Mary Yonan

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2005, 08:36:53 PM »

My maiden name is ALLISON and? I am the Group Administrator of the Allison/Ellison DNA Project that is being conducted by FTDNA.? The URL for the Allison/Ellison DNA Project Results Webpage is:
http://freepages.family.rootsweb.com/~allisonellisondna/index.htm

I am also researching the HARDEN surname and my male HARDEN cousin is a participant in the Harden.in.ing DNA Project.? The URL for the Harden.in.ing DNA Project Results Webpage is:
http://home.carolina.rr.com/whardin/hhh.htm
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2005, 08:50:14 PM »

Hi.? Our search page sends the searcher to the Allison project at FTDNA and to the Harden project at FTDNA.? Here is the url for our Search:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/search/search.php

Terry
rjc

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 12:14:17 AM »

These boards are still new and I'm still working on doing what I can with them.? Feel free to discuss anything about genealogy or DNA here.? Ideas, suggestions, problems, or questions about the website are also welcome.? Eventually, these forums should be meshed more closely with the rest of the World Families site and reach a critical mass of active users that keep them interesting and informative.

Thanks,
-Biscuits
jbush3838

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 09:51:50 PM »

I would like to see the following surnames added, and will contribute what I have:

BUSH
HALL
VAUGHN

Thanks. 
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 10:23:56 PM »

Hi, each of these three surnames is served by a project at FTDNA.  You can search at this address for those projects:
http://www.familytreedna.com/  I suspect it will be best to work with the projects.

best regards, Terry
wolfsister
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2005, 05:42:44 PM »

I would like to add "Croy" and "Jackson" to your boards.
thanks
d
Al_Barrs

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2005, 07:23:53 AM »

TUE OCT 11th

Hello Biscuit;

Great FORUM Website. I found it linked to our Barrs DNA Project Webpage.

I would like to include my surname BARRS in the forum. We have family members all over the World and have family history information back to 1400s in England.

Al Barrs
albarrs@wfeca.net
Florida uSA
Elaine Tillquist Pavone
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005, 04:04:40 PM »

PAVONE SURNAME (Elaine at thepavones@comcast.net)

1?    Alfonso Pavone   b: Abt. 1830 in Aversa, Italy; m.    Laurone Tunzulla   
2?    Alfonso Pavone   b: 1853 in Aversa, Caserta, Italy. m:? Carmela Trotta   
3? ? ?John Vincent Pavone   b: January 12, 1890 in Aversa, Italy. m: Mary Josephine Klein
4?    William Francis Pavone   b: September 5, 1910 in New Haven, CT.? m: Muriel Brroderick
Joseph,Murphy
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 12:23:09 PM »

I did not see Murphy and would like to see Murphy added.
My family was known as ither Murphy/Murphey

I am looking to compare DNA as well for research

Allele; 13  24  15  10  11  11  12  12  12  13  13  29

Allele; 17  9  10  11  11  24  15  17  32  15  15   16  17

Allele;  11  11  19  23  14  15  17  17  37  37  12  13
Wdunbar

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 10:30:30 AM »

Hi:

I am searching for relatives of Wayne Dunbar, born in Illinois.  Lived in Los Angeles area until his death in 1960.  He was a plumbing inspector for the city of Los Angeles.  His mother was Lulu Cordelia Lovelady and he was married to Laeta Barlett.
Donna Sullivan Harvey

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2005, 06:09:33 AM »

HARVEY is not on the list of surname. Could you pleasse put it on the list. we have been FTDNA tested. We are waiting for the Sullivan's  FTDNA testing.

Thank you,

Donna
djharveytx@aol.com
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 08:44:53 AM by Donna Sullivan Harvey » Logged

Donna Sullivan Harvey
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2005, 08:45:37 AM »

Donna, the programmer who created the Forum will be on home leave from Iraq next month.  I hope then to get him to take some minutes and repair the broken parts of the system, including one which allows me to quickly set up more names.  I am very far behind on this.  Terry
Donna Sullivan Harvey

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2005, 08:53:04 AM »

Terry,
That's okay. I know you are busy. I just get so excited about the DNA testing. It may not help me get over the brick wall, but we can always hope.

Donna
Djharveytx@aol.com

Donna Sullivan Harvey
James Powell
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006, 05:59:09 PM »

Terry:
      I do not see a Powell forum listed, only referances from other surnames. My Powell line is from current date going back to 1799 in Breconshire, Wales. The tree is on ancestry.com. Genealogy.com, and World Family Tree, I am kind of clawing at a brick wall, now wondering if it should also be listed here? I have been tested at the FTMDNA site and currently on the ysearch.org and the Parino/Powell list. I would be glad to submit if you think it might help me or others.
Jim Powell 
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 11:08:08 AM »

Hi Jim.  We originally set up the Forum for use with the projects that we administer from WorldFamilies.net (that operate at FTDNA)

We are realizing that the demand goes beyond our expectations and e hope to set up pages for Surname Projects that we don't administer in a few months.

In the meantime, you can post your Powell pedigree at the welcome page at the Pedigree section:

http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?topic=2976.0

And, I encourage you to work closely with the Powell surname project:

http://www.familytreedna.com/DNAList.asp?Group=Powell

best regards,  Terry
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 17 queries.