World Families Forums - Seven unrelated LEAL branches

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 27, 2014, 09:58:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'L'
| | |-+  Leal (Moderator: lealAdmin)
| | | |-+  Seven unrelated LEAL branches
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seven unrelated LEAL branches  (Read 1890 times)
enzonl

« on: March 13, 2007, 06:48:22 PM »

At this time (March 2007), there are seven male LEALs who have done a Y-DNA test.

Their oldest known paternal ancestors are:

1.  LEAL, Avelardo born round about 1870 in Mexico (LEAL branch in Mexico;  Haplogroup G)

2.  LEAL, Jose, born in 1770 from Los Ramones in Mexico (LEAL branch in Mexico;  Haplogroup R1b);

3.  LEAL, Manuel born on 8 January 1868 on the Isle of Pico in the Azores, Portugal (LEAL branch in the USA and Portugal;  Haplogroup unknown);

4.  LEAL, João Soares born in 1845 in Sao Gabriel, Rio Grande do Sul, in Brazil (*) (LEAL branch in Brazil;  Haplogroup unknown);

5.  LEAL, Nepomuceno born round about 1860 in Ortega, Colombia (LEAL branch in Colombia;  Haplogroup R1b) (**);

6.  LEAL, João born round about 1902 in Portugal (LEAL branch in Brazil and Portugal;  Haplogroup I);

7.  LEAL, Cruz, born in the early 19th century in Ubaque in Colombia. (LEAL branch in Colombia and the Netherlands;  Haplogroup J2f).

(*)  It is unclear whether the paternal surname of this oldest known paternal ancestor is indeed LEAL (LEAL may possibly be the maternal surname).

I have compared the 12 markers of the descendants of all the abovementioned individuals (those who did the actual tests) to find out whether any are genetically related to one another.

The genetic distances vary from 6 to 19 on the 12 markers tested.  Although I am not an expert on the subject, I believe it is safe to say that given the genetic distances none of the tested individuals are related to one another.

In other words, there are at least seven unrelated LEAL branches.

Oscar Leal
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 19 queries.