World Families Forums - Lusk family Texas

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2016, 11:51:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'L'
| | |-+  Lusk (Moderator: Gil Lusk)
| | | |-+  Lusk family Texas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lusk family Texas  (Read 555 times)
jeffrey sechrist

« on: February 14, 2016, 01:00:34 PM »

My father was adopted b 1932 dallas texas we are searching for  relatives we only know the surname Lusk I know there is not much to go on here but we are researching the TN line that came to Texas. Not sure where we fit in just yet. Just glad to be here. have several close dna matches so it gave hope.
Gil

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 03:30:59 PM »

Jeffrey,

I received an email from Jevette about this and your message clarifys the situation you are in a little better.  According to Family Tree DNA you have a genetic distance of 7 from the Lusk line in America.  Your original father would have been part of the line that arrived in Philadelphia shortly after 1700.  This line later split in southern Virginia with some going to Ohio and Tenn. and some going to the Carolinas and then to Miss. and other south and southwestern states such as Texas.  In the 1930's my family was deeply rooted in the area of Abilene and Ovaca as farmers.   A genetic distance of seven would place our common ancestor sometime in the period of 1780 to 1850.  The Philadelphia line is shown on the y-charts associated with Joseph Lusk born about 1660 in Belfast, Ulster, Northern Ireland.  I am not an expert in all this so someone might want to add or delete in response to this but have been at it for a long time.  Hope this helps and I will send the same response to Jevette.

Gil Lusk
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 19 queries.