World Families Forums - Thomas Prewitt and Pierre Chastain

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 07:48:15 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Pruitt
| | | |-+  Thomas Prewitt and Pierre Chastain
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thomas Prewitt and Pierre Chastain  (Read 37 times)
John W. Pruett

« on: September 17, 2014, 03:54:27 PM »

Raymond Pruitt originally posted the discussion "Thomas Prewitt and Pierre Chastain" on the Ancestry Project which can now be found at: http://dna.pruiett.net/DiscussionsGroupC/Thomas%20Prewitt%20and%20Pierre%20Chastain.pdf.  Raymond has now returned from his fact finding trip to Richmond and definitely plans to write a book on the early Prew-its in this country.   

Since many people might be interested in Raymond's book and he has asked people for their help providing interesting things for his book, the discussion was moved to this project.

I commented back to Raymond:

Raymond,  in your book you could have a single chapter on Thomas, Jr.  Thomas, Jr was a traveling blacksmith, who fathered two illegitimate children in the records by Judith Chastain.  Thomas later married another woman and had four more sons.  I think Thomas claimed the third illegitimate child of Judith Chastain, Abraham Prewitt Belue in his will.  DNA has proven Thomas wasn't Abraham's father.  Thomas, Jr could have been a ladies man who had to visit the farms in very rural Goochland and Amelia Counties in the early 1700's.  Thomas might have been responsive for some the other surnames in this DNA Family Group like  Tymony, Cram, Goolsbee, Attaway, Chumlea, Watts, and Collier.   Henry the Patriarch of the line or Thomas, Sr. might have been responsive for the Cardwell surname in their DNA Family Group.  The Cardwells were neighbors of Henry Prewitt in the 1690's in Henrico.   

Raymond, I hope you will also have other Prew-it families featured in your book, We have found through DNA that not all of us are descended from Thomas, but there were many Prew-its families here in the Colonial times

John W. Pruett
Ron Prewitt

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 12:55:15 AM »

Raymond, my 5th great grandfather was Elijah Prewitt who moved his family from Virginia to Madison, Co. KY in the late 1790s. My line from Henry is Richard, David, Elijah, Henry, Daniel, Stephen, Roy, Forest, Roy G., me. I would be interested on any information about about Elijah you have found.

Ron

Ron Prewitt
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.