World Families Forums - Surprise Gross DNA Results

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 26, 2014, 05:53:48 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'G'
| | |-+  Gross (Moderator: Jerald Gross)
| | | |-+  Surprise Gross DNA Results
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Surprise Gross DNA Results  (Read 182 times)
mcgross55

« on: July 22, 2014, 10:13:29 AM »

My husband's DNA was just tested to determine his Pennington ancestry.  Don't stop reading, it gets better.

His great grandfather was Wilson Pennington Gross.  His death certificate states that his father was Jesse Pennington and his mother was Eliza Simpson.  He was in the census of Harlan County as Wilson Pendleton in the household of Abijah Gross and Mary Howard Simpson.  Mary was the mother of Eliza Simpson.  Abijah was Eliza's stepfather.  

In trying to determine which line of Penningtons is my husband's line, we did a DNA test.  The results came back that my husband is not descended from any Pennington, but from the Edmund Gross line.  We already had this line in our sights because he shows up in the Burkhart line, so we are familiar with him.  However, it appears that Eliza had a child by a descendent of Edmund Gross.  But we may never know the true story.

Any bets as to the parentage?  I have a theory...but it is just that...a theory.  Anyone know anything about this line?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:15:33 AM by mcgross55 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 18 queries.