World Families Forums - McDermott Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 28, 2014, 03:32:18 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  McDermott (Moderator: mcdermottAdmin)
| | | |-+  McDermott Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: McDermott Family Pedigrees  (Read 4272 times)
mcdermottAdmin

« on: January 03, 2005, 08:06:11 AM »

Welcome to the Pedigree Forum for the McDermott Surname Project!

Project’s Website: http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/mcdermott/
[Navigate to all pages of the project's website using the links across the top of the page.]

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree".

1. If you are a member of the project, send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net and she or the Project Administrator will post it on the project's Patriarchs Page (www.worldfamilies.net/surname/mcdermott/pats).

Please include the following:
# Name of project
# Kit Number if tested
# Name of person posting pedigree
# Email address to be posted with pedigree:
# Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse of Earliest Known Ancestor
# List each succeeding generation below, using only those four items of information (or substitute another item of information if missing an item)

2. You are invited to post your pedigree on the forum below if you are:
a.  A Researcher who is not a member of the Surname DNA Project, but wishes to share a family pedigree.
b.  A Project Member who wishes to post a more extended version of their pedigree to supplement the “stripped down” pedigree posted on the Patriarch Page.

To post on this Pedigree Forum:
1.  Register and log in at www.worldfamilies.net.
(How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/register)
(I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered)

2.  When you have logged in, scroll to the last posting on this forum, click "reply" and post your pedigree.
a.  Please do not include names for anyone born after 1910, to protect privacy.
b.  If you have questions or are unable to post your pedigree on this forum, please contact carrie@worldfamilies.net

For a step-by-step guide to using DNA for genealogy, please read DNA the Smart Way www.worldfamilies.net/smart
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:18:00 PM by Carrie » Logged
judy
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 01:09:37 PM »

Marie Esther Patricia McDermott, born 11/8/1912 Brooklyn, NY
Patrick F. McDermott, born 6/15/1877, Ireland, Died 11/18/47
John McDermott, born 1/1840, Ireland, Died 2/1917
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 10:06:38 PM »

Hi, Judy.  Your pedigree is posted.  Hope you are part of the DNA project.
Marilyn
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/m/mcdermott/pats.html
sbeaudin

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 07:17:16 PM »

Michael MCDERMOTT (b.1797-Mayo,Ireland d.1872-Cantley,Quebec)
m.  Hanora CAVANAUGH (b.1803 d.Unknown-Maybe Cantley,Quebec)
Patrick MCDERMOTT (b.1837-Mayo,Ireland d.1924-Cantley,Quebec) m Pamelia MCGOEY (b.1859-Cantley,Quebec d.1928-Cantley,Quebec)
Thomas Francis MCDERMOTT (b.1890-Cantley,Quebec d.1966-Ottawa,Ontario) m Mary Bella SHANE (b.1894-Plantaganet,Ontario d.1961-Ottawa,Ontario)
Kenneth Joseph MCDERMOTT (b.11 May 1930-Ottawa) m Mary Patricia COLLINS (b.Jan 1930-Ottawa)
Sheilagh MCDERMOTT (b.9 Sep 1958-Kapuskasing)
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 12:52:29 PM »

Hi, sbeaudin.  Your pedigree has beeen posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/m/mcdermott/pats.html

Carrie
helmer

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 04:17:51 AM »

duncan mcdermid may 9, 1812 Martintown, Glengarry, ontario married Catherine McNaughton b. Mar. 20, 1821 Charlottenburg, Glengarry, Ontario
children: Margaret McDermid b. 30 Mar. 1844 x James Peter Helmer
            John McDermid 17 June 1848
            Daniel McDermid abt 1854
            Janet McDermid abt 1854
            Mary McDermid 23 Dec 1855
Kathy Helmer contact bugmomma@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 04:21:47 AM by helmer » Logged
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 12:29:28 PM »

Hi, helmer.  Your pedigree has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/m/mcdermott/pats.html

Carrie
Patrick McDermott

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 01:23:22 PM »

McDermott (of County Down origins). 

I would welcome any information on McDermotts from the County Down area.  My ancestors include Edward (b circa 1821) with sons James McKernon and Edward McKermitt.  Former married a Catherine Grenan; latter married an Elizabeth McQuade.  Children of former born in Ballylucas/Ballyvaston/Rossglass/Killough/Ardtole.  One is Patrick McDermott b 15 July 1881 in Killough, my grandfather.

I am stuck at Edward McDermott (1821)

many thanks

Patrick McDermott (North Yorkshire, England)
Patrick McDermott

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »

1.  Edward McDermott b circa 1821. m Margaret sons James McKernon [sic], Edward McKermitt [sic]. Maybe other children.
2.  James McKernon [later spelled McDermott]. b 1850/51 m Catherine Grenan. Children: Ellen/Matgaret/James/Edward/John/Patrick/
     William/Mary/Catherine.  All born Ballyvaston/Ballylucas/Rossglass/Killough/Ardtole area.
3.  Patrick McDermott b 15 July 1881 in Killough. m Rosanna Carlile. d 1942 in Ilford, Essex, UK. children: Maria/Margaret/ Rosanna/
     Ellen / Patrick/Winifrid/Robert/James/Sarah Angela/Philomena
4.  Patrick Joseph McDermott b 15 Sept 1913 in Belfast.  m Eileen Lyons. Joined Palestine Police /Royal Navy/London Metropolitan
     Police. d 1966 in London.
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 01:27:50 PM »

Hi, Patrick.  Your pedigree has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/m/mcdermott/pats.html

Carrie
MihalMacMaghnusa

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »

Hello,
Thanks for including me in your project Carrie.
My name is Michael McManus and I live in the north east of England. My great grandfather came here from the Parish of Kilronan in north County Roscommon around 1850. The Kilronan McManuses are the descendants of Manus O'Conor, died 1181, who was the son of Turlough O'Conor, High King of Ireland. The McDermotts of Moylurg (Boyle) County Roscommon also are descendants of the O'Conor Kings. Our Kilronan McManus testers at Family Tree DNA have been compared with the present O'Conor Don's YDNA profile and they match very closely. See a paper on our Kilronan McManuses and the connection with O'Conor Don at http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/axhsk5/mcmanusoconoressay0.htm
You will find the YDNA test result of O'Conor Don at the Connor Project at Family Tree DNA under Cathal Crovdearg. If the old records and pedigrees are correct then there should be McDermotts with close matches to O'Conor Don.

My kit number is H1081
My earliest known ancestor is my great great grandfather James McManus born circa 1815 Kilronan area Roscommon. He married Elizabeth Kelly, born circa 1820. Their son, John McManus was my great grandfather born September, 1838 at Keadue, Parish of Kilronan, Roscommon. John married Bridget Kearns, born 1840 in the Boyle area of County Roscommon. Their son, James, was born in Durham, England in January, 1871. He married Catherine Cairns, born 1873 Durham, England. Their son, Michael was my father and was born 16th. April, 1902. I was born 28th. May, 1946 at Durham, England.
mpattillo

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 05:48:01 PM »

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

Bryan McDermott
Born: Ca. 1804 Ireland
Died Ca. 1878 Vernon, Washington Co., Florida
Spouse: Julia (unknown last name)
Born: Ca. 1837 Florida
Died: Ca. 1878 Vernon, Washington Co., Florida

John McDermott
Born: January 14, 1874 Vernon, Washington Co., Florida
Died: April 17, 1930 Westville, Holmes Co., Florida
Spouse:  Sarah Ellen Laird
Born: June 1, 1880 Euchee Anna, Walton Co., Florida
Died: June 23, 1943 Sarasota, Sarasota Co., Florida

eucheevalley@gmail.com

John McDermott was my grandfather.  Both his parents had died by 1878.  John was unofficially adopted by Christian Gillis Campbell widow of John Campbell.  She lived at Knox Hill, Walton Co., Florida.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 19 queries.