World Families Forums - LYNCH - Ireland, Jamaica, Barbados, and other Caribbean

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 03:54:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'L'
| | |-+  Lynch (Moderator: lynchAdmin)
| | | |-+  LYNCH - Ireland, Jamaica, Barbados, and other Caribbean
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LYNCH - Ireland, Jamaica, Barbados, and other Caribbean  (Read 316 times)
James Lynch

« on: February 12, 2014, 09:00:24 PM »

An Irish family named LYNCH went to Jamaica and were very successful merchants there (no relation to Sir. Thomas Lynch, one-time Governor of Jamaica).

As more kin came over, even doing so well, at some point they were unable to support everyone so the newer arrivals were asked to find their fortune elsewhere.

About 1700, two went to Barbados - I believe an Anthony and a Dominick - and also did well there. I believe one of Anthony's descendants, a Hassell Lynch, sired my ancestor.

Since apart from a will there are no records that prove his existence (no records of birth, baptism, christening, marriage, death or burial have been found) I have no documented proof of that, but apparently my DNA matches well with one of the direct descendant male Jamaica Lynch family (now in the USA) so I seem to be on the right path.

From the records I have found, the Barbados Lynch family disappeared from the island about 1800, and I have been unable to find any trace of them. They may have emigrated en masse, or they may all have died in one of the cholera epidemics.

Dominick and Anthony, "Merchants of Barbadoes", are named as Executors in a Philadelphia will, but I have been unable to find any ties between the Barbados Lynch family and any Lynch in Philly - or anywhere along the eastern seaboard they would have traded with.

If you know of a Lynch family who have connections to Barbados and/or Jamaica, I would seriously appreciate a contact.

Thanks much in advance...

James C. "Jim" :Lynch

http://www.candoo.com/contactform/index.htm
(Anti-SPAM contact form. I will respond from my personal address.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.