World Families Forums - Alexander Place c1778-1784, Possibly Alexandeer Lee Place

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 25, 2014, 09:27:16 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Place
| | | |-+  Alexander Place c1778-1784, Possibly Alexandeer Lee Place
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alexander Place c1778-1784, Possibly Alexandeer Lee Place  (Read 389 times)
lOrontes

« on: January 16, 2014, 06:35:08 PM »

Hi
My name is Edie born PLACE and I have been researching for my Alexander Place birth for over 32 years now along with others to try and break down our brick wall.   Apart from one other Alexander Place born in 1769 whose birth we have and father Ambrose Place of Lancashire (no Ambrose in our family), the father was a mariner, but no marraige or death date, we only have our confirmed Alexander Place marraige in 1817 and death in 1835 at Halifax in West Riding of Yorkshire.  We have documents to varify those two evenbts but no other.  We do have paper clippings with our Alexanders name on which give his occupation status from time to time, so we know he was  firstly a bookkeeper at marraige, then Attorneys Clerk, Secretary to the Clerk of the peace, and other similar status through the newspapers.  At death Secretary to the Clerk of the Peace.  I recently found on  a mention  of a Regimental index held at the National  Archives Kew.  It is a Alexander Place that would fit either of the mentioned Alexanders above, though more likely mine as the other would be too old.  It was for the 13th Dragoons in the Napoleanic Wars.  I have yet to engage a researcher to search that index for this entry as it comes under one big index and you cannot just request one entry from it over the net.  It may give some really good details of father date and place of birth, next of kin etc.,
Finally would love to hear from anyone who belongs to the Ambrose Place . Thanks
lOrontes

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 10:56:32 PM »

To explain why I have included two possible dates of birth for Alexander Place.  It is becasue we have a Parish Register age at Burial which is a very definite 57, but on another later publication for Burials in the Haiifax area, it says 51.  why they came to that age I do not know.  Could be none of these ages were correct. They may both be guesses on his wife Marys part.

Now the Possible middle name of Lee, came about as on my 3rd GT GF George Place second marraige certificate, he states his father was Alexander Lee Place.  He never stated that on his first Marraige Certificate. Alexander named his second son Alexander Lee Place who was born in 1821 and died in 1837 ;prior to Civil Registration.  Lee seems to play an important part in Alexanders life, but what.  It may have come from his mothers surname or just a very good friends surname, could be any other reason.  Lee is also a Hugenot surname. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 18 queries.