World Families Forums - Matches to UK

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 06:18:01 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Place
| | | |-+  Matches to UK
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matches to UK  (Read 1468 times)
David Place

« on: February 17, 2014, 12:43:18 PM »

My research indicates and the few postings on our sites over the past years indicates that most of us can trace ourselves to only a few families in Yorkshire. Edie will have the data written down but from memory i think there are about four of them.  Is anyone researching this?  My Family Finder shows a link to the Westmorelands family and one other who have links to a very large plantation in the Caribean and it was owned by a family from Yorkshire. In my family there is oral history of a black former slave wife who returned with her white husband and became quite prosperous in England. Does anyone else have black lines that could help link some of our deep roots in the UK. I always thought our black lines were through the times of Cecil Rhodes and the wealth of the diamond mines but now I am wondering if the story we "sanitized" to remove the connection to slavery. My ancestor might have been the foreman I have discovered and not an owner.
Dave Place
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:44:59 PM by David Place » Logged

David Place M.Ed.(Psy)CCC
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 19 queries.