World Families Forums - British Home Children

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 10:53:13 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Place
| | | |-+  British Home Children
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: British Home Children  (Read 96 times)
David Place

« on: January 14, 2014, 10:26:57 PM »

Today I received 17 documents pertaining to my father and two uncles who were apprehended for "wandering" in the early 1900s on the streets of London and placed in protective custody of the Catholic Children's Aid Society. The documents were able to tell me such things has where he was sent in Canada, what ship, the dates and more importantly which farms and their addresses and owners he worked for before becoming of age and not having to register.  This is important information that allows me to check the areas when I travel and to check grave yards for potential relations that might have stayed behind. I was even able to find out the salary each of them received when they worked for farmers after arriving. By checking other names on the list of young children who travelled with my father's group I hope to find others who might have kept in contact with my family members when they came to this country. Some of the other documents I have received this week gave the maiden names of my aunts who the uncles married and thus I am slowly filling in the blanks in my family tree.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:27:14 PM by David Place » Logged

David Place M.Ed.(Psy)CCC
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.