World Families Forums - Z94

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 08:17:16 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Place
| | | |-+  Z94
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Z94  (Read 160 times)
David Place

Z94
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:04:20 PM »

For those in the Place surname group who see some strange numbers and letters showing up in the conversations, they are designators used by the International Society of Genetic Genealogists to designate different haplogroups. Things started out using letters like N, O, R etc. As the field expanded and more letters got added, we ended up with Long strings of letter like R1a1a etc.. Strings got so long that a new series was invented. When I said in an earlier communication that I had tested to Z 94' the old way to say that was R1a1a1b2a. Anyone who finds that they share my genealogy and we share for example a GGGGrandfather, will also  be Z94. You will be able to forgo testing to that level and save money by duplicating your testing. I have just purchased testing that will expand my knowledge and therefore yours as well. I will keep posting my test results as I get them so keep watching over time to see where yours and my line originated. At the moment I have traced my line from biblical times up to where we likely were in Norway before heading west to the Orkney Islands and later, pre 1040' to Yorkshire UK.  Stay tuned for further results when my test of Clade Z2124comes back in February.  Dave Place Co Admin Kit N9119

David Place M.Ed.(Psy)CCC
lOrontes

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 11:51:36 PM »

HI Dave,I have read your message and thought that since John Place is my line and on my paper trail a close relative.  I can maybe share his results when he upgrades as his family is my family.  As you know Johns and my brothers YDNA do not match as my brother doesnt match with a Place as yet.  Johns does match with another Place line. John should have been the first Place match, but wasnt.  But since I know this is my Place family, maybe John will upgrade from time to time.

John Place, grandfather George Alexander Samuel Place, was the brother of my
Great Grandfather Frederick Hugh Place.  There is another brother Arthur henry Place who has no one that has tested from that line as yet.  I hope that someone else will test from both Frederick Hugh Place my gt gf and his brother Arthur Henry Place.  They were the children of my 2nd GT GF Alexander Fortune Place
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.